cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a dependency when patching ECC 60 to also patch BI?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

We are wondering if there is a mandatory dependency when applying SPs to SAP ECC version 6.0 to also apply SPs to SAP BI?

thanks

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have upto date patch level in your BI and ECC Landscape .As a matter of practice ,if you have SP strategy to apply latest available stacks then ypou should plan to apply latest stacks in to your BI and ECC landscape .

Hope this helps you.

Good luck

Amit

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes this I am aware of , but the question remains IF I deploy the latest patch stacks in ECC, is it mandatory and is there dependencies that would generate problems in BI 7.0?

We always try to patch all our SAP Products to the most recent patch version, within what time and resources we have available. Sometimes this becomes overwhelming as I am the only person to be doing this.

My strategy would be to apply the year end patches to ECC because HCM requires all the tax patches, and then initiate the project to apply the patches to BI

Is this what you are referring to? are you aware of any direct dependencies to ECC as there are for SAP Portal (included with ESS/MSS)

Thanks,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To find the real dependencies between SP on different systems in your landscape, the only way that I am aware of, is to test on testbed ECC and BI systems.

It means that you have to test :

first with a patched ECC system and a non patched BI system

then with both patched systems.

This systematic test strategy is time consuming but it has saved our **** several times in the past.

That is why also we apply SP usually only once per year.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (0)