cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Spool Job Contents ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have a requirement to create adobe print forms for a set amount of employees. The problem I'm having is that I can get the spool job to create. In side the spool job, it is broken into parts. The pdf form created is 8 pages for one employee. If I print 5 employees, the spool job will have 40 pages, but the job is split into 5 segments of 8 pages. The issue I'm having is that I need to get all 40 pages in one file to send to a printer. I've tried a number of things but I can't seem to get the spool job to print to pdf on a local machine. The only alternative I can find is to get the segments of the spool job into one big file.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Points will be awarded for any help.

Thanks,

Meezy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same problem than the original poster. I call FP_JOB_OPEN/FP_JOB_CLOSE only once, and only one spool job is created. But inside this job there are several parts and each part is an own pdf document. It is possible to read each part/file separately, but i found no possibility to get one big pdf with all parts.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this?

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

The solution given works for grouping several PDF in one spool. Now your requirement is different you want only one PDF .

For this the only solution is to do it in the forms itself by passing all value and by doing break page "manually". Sorry it's the only way because it's not possible to merge PDF document with current solution .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

So you're saying that instead of producing a file for each instance, that you must create all files in one and just insert a page break? Is this possible?

Thanks

Meezy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it's possible while using 2 nested table .

Main problem that should appears is if for one forms your first page contains data that must be repeat you will have a problem ..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For solving your problem call only once function module FP_JOB_OPEN then call the function module linked to your form for each form you want then call only once FM JP_JOB_CLOSE .

Then in one spool you will get all the result .

Hope it's help you

regards