Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Using File adapter, is it possible to create synchronous communication yes or no?

Give reason also?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, because file adapter is designed for Async Comunication. by using file adapter we can place a file in NFS or FTP to a file server based on a poll interval, but can't wait for a response.

if you observe the HTTP, SOAP, RFC... communication channels you can see that these will open a tunnel/process and waits untill they get a response.

Regards,

Sukarna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it is not possible with File Adapter.

Reason: File Adapter do not intract with any database like in case of proxy or RFC. File Adapter once creates the file at receiver end, it becomes stateless and hence it can not wait for any kind of response from receiver system. Also File Adapter works on concept of polling intervell so there is no question of being synchronous.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Sarvesh

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding modules we can make File adapter act as Synchronous.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%28without+bpm%29&;

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply, I know we can use this way but I have replied just keeping in mind that ONLY File Adapter is being used and hence it is not possible to have a synchronous communicatin by using File Adapter.

Plz correct me if it is wrong.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,its not possible.

Can you explain your scenario in which you need to get response via File adapter?

Use Java proxy instead of file adapter if you need a response from File server.

Thanx

Aamir

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i am not doing any scenario. my friend asked me this question so i posted it.

Can you give me the reason why the file adapter dont provide this synchronous functionality?

Thanks

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Than who asked to your friend?

Ultimately it is an interview question.is't it?