cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a text bold in smartforms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am working one Quotation Form , there is one column where I am displaying the description dynamically.That text I am retrieving from READ_TEXT function module.

So, my requirement is I need to make the first line of description text should be BOLD remaining lines should print normal.

Can you please help me out in this issue.

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards

Raju Akula

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 4, 2008 6:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Include Text instead of using READ_TEXT and text element. Pass the parameters to the include text and In the Paragraph format give Bold format in the First Paragraph field and ordinary format in the Std paragraph field.

This will solve your problem if you provide a line break between the first line and the rest of the text. Also no need for code here.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take 1st line od Description in One Variable(V1) and other part in another variable(V2). Then create one Character formate(For Bold) in Smart Styles.Then in text element of the smart form use this character formate for first variable(V1).

Eg : <b>V1</>V2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

You just need to use FM to read the text to a internal table.

loop throught the internal table and when sy-tabix = 1 , change the format to bold and rest print normally.

1.loop through the internal table.

2. create two text elements.

3. for first element create format BOLD and condition print only when sy-tabix = 1.

4. for second element print with what ever format u need and condition when sy-tabix NE 1.

5. endloop.

I hope this will solve your problem.

with regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below way you can achieve this..

1) take out 1st line from the internal table you are getting from the READ_TEXT and put it in one variable. and delete that row from the internal table.

2) for the first line use character format which is bold in the text editor.

3) populate internal table for the remaining lines with normal format.

Thanks,

Sree.