cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilevel Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Is there a way to run a multilevel heuristic (in /sapapo/sdp94) for product P1 in location L1 and its components only in location L1? I am asking because now when I run a multilevel heuristic it plans in all existing locations. That's not acceptable as we have one and the same product/material in different locations (countries) and multilevel heuristic changes the planning results everywhere.

Regards,

Alper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please run Location Heuristic for that Product , you can pull toolbar for location heursitic by going into design mode in /SAPAPO/SDP94.

SAP Help.

o If you select Location (Heuristic), the system plans the specified

products in the specified locations. This allows you to select part

of the model to be planned, for example.

With both heuristic options, you can also specify that you want the

system to take into account all BOM components of the selected products

during planning. To do this, set the Take into account found components

in planning run indicator. The system then also plans the dependent

demand for the products. However, with the location heuristic, the

system only plans components that have been assigned to the specified

locations.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Ok, I can set the 'Take into account found components

in planning run' indicator in /SAPAPO/SNP01, but it will be used only if I run the heuristic in background mode. How can I set it to be taken into account when I press the Location (Heuristic) button in /SAPAPO/SDP94?

Regards,

Alper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alper.

have you tried creating a selection with only the product/locations you are interested in, loading all the objects into the planning book and then running the location heuristic?

Rgds, M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I can load the finish good, but it is not feasible to load all semi finished goods and raw materials which are assigned to its PPM.

On the other hand if I load only the finish good and press the location button the components won't be planned.

Regards,

Alper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Alpher,

The " Take into account found components" is for background purpose. I'm afraid you have to do the planning manually if you are doing it interactive. or you can run sequence of location Heuristics as Manish suggested.