Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the view element of a standard WDA component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am modifying the standard SAP WDA component: HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE SAP

I have created an Enhancement Implementation. I am trying to change a button text in a view.

I donu2019t know how to change the view using the enhancement implementation.

Please let me know how to go about doing the same.

Thanks and Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you just want to change the text on the button you probably don't even need to use Enhancement Mode. You should be able to do this using normal component configuration.

However if you want/need to use Enhancement Mode for some reason then you won't be able to change the text directly. Instead you would go into enhancement mode on the view and delete the button. It doesn't get fully delete - just marked with the red X and "deletion flagged". This way you can bring it back from standard at any time. You would then insert a new button - mapping it to the same action but changing the properties that you want to control - namely the text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

The standard WDA component is using Assistance class: CL_HRASR00_WDA_PROCESS_EXECUTE

I looked at the Text Symbols for this class and believe that changing the text for the appropriate text symbol will be the solution.

My question is:

Can i directly change the text of the text symbol without the enhancement implementation or should i do this only through enhancement implementation.

In your reply, you have mentioned, I can do it directly. Just wanted to confirm this as i had not given the details about the assistance class text symbols in my original post and also because this is a standard WDA component and I do not want to make changes that cannot be undone.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I have created an enhancement implementation.

I do not know how to access the view in enhancement mode. When i right click on the view, there is no option to go into enhancement mode.

When i double click the enhancement implementation, all the layout, context and window tabs are empty. I need to hide certain sections of a particular view and rearrange the layout of another view. Please let me know how to access these views in enhancement mode and do the changes.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SAP programmer how u sloved it?? i also have similar requirement i have to add 2-3 fields on diff. views of a standard ABAP WD application for ESS.....kindly suggest me what should be the right approach...

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Still not yet resolved