cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Form - Table binding to WD Context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I originally posted this in the Interactive Forms forum but I think this is more of a ABAP WD issue.

I am trying to create an interactive form in WebDynpro ABAP (using Livecycle Designer 8.0).

This application consists of two screens.

I have a selection screen which populates an internal table in a context node.

The next screen has the interactive form and should create the table dynamically to match the internal table.

I can see the context on this screen as I inserted a simple WD table UI element and it displays the data.

I created my form in the wizard here which allows you to set the interface to be a context node in the application. However the binding is not working at all. In fact when I set the binding attribute in the various subforms, rows etc I get a warning message

"Using 'Normal' data binding when a default data connection is defined may produce undesirable results"

Has anyone experienced this before or can anyone tell me how to set up a dynamic, bound table in WebDynpro ABAP?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, the context node is mapped from the component and is directly under the context root.

I have set the the cardinality to 0..N.

I can see the node and attributes in the data view in livecycle designer and map them into the table.

I have set the table row to "Repeat Row for each data item" and the table cells have default binding e.g $record.QMNUM with everything else having default binding set to none.

I have looked at the examples (e.g WDR_TEST_ADOBE_ZCI_TBL) but when opened in livecycle they are blank.

Any ideas appreciated!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

A couple of tips.

Don't bind your form context directly to a context node of 0:n or 1:n and then try to use that node in a table in the form. It won't work. The form context needs to be bound to a non-root node but also a node that is 0:1 or 1:1.

Therefore I would suggest a context structure like this

root

|->AdobeContext (0:1)

|->itab (0:n)

AdobeContext gets bound to your form Interface via the binding of the InteractiveForm UI element and itab becomes the context node you bind your form table UI element to.

> have looked at the examples (e.g WDR_TEST_ADOBE_ZCI_TBL) but when opened in livecycle they are blank.

This is usually because the forms were created in German or English as the original language and you are logged in with some other language. The design version of the form will appear blank because of the language mismatch. Try logging in, in English or German to see the example form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Thomas,

I had just noticed that the examples use a dummy node with 1..1 cardinality as a root node for their data node.

I have created a dummy node and then used the wizard to create the data node binding from the controller context.

The test WD table element I have bound to the new node doesn't seem to be getting any data anymore.

My question is this, if I set the node data in the first view like this (the view context is mapped to the controller context FAULTLIST):

node_faults = wd_context->get_child_node( name = 'FAULTLIST' ).
  node_faults->bind_elements( gt_faults ).

do I have to set the controller context manually aswell or can I access the same data on a different view by mapping again?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify:

I thought the mapping would still work like it did, using the controller to share data between views but as I have changed the structure has that destroyed the link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would seem I can't map a node to a different level.

Perhaps the best option would be to create the node for the PDF and also map in the context node.

Then in the WDOINIT copy the values from the context node into the PDF data node?

This seems a little hacky though. Any ideas?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I thought the mapping would still work like it did, using the controller to share data between views but as I have changed the structure has that destroyed the link?

If you restructure your component controller context you will have to update the bindings within any views that use this mapped context. They don't adjust automatically.

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even me aso working on interactive pdf forms using webdynpro abap.

in my case i have some tables in pdf, i am not getting data for tables.

i would like to see some examples how to work with tables in pdf form, how to get data and update it.

i have seen the example of WDR_TEST_ADOBE_ZCI_TBL it is sfp.

which webdynpro component is using this form.

so that i shall study this example

Regards,

Mahesh.Gattu

Edited by: Maheshkumar gattu on Nov 28, 2008 4:10 PM