cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro abap validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

all i am new for webdynpro, i have one doubt "how to do validations in webdynpro abap for a perticular report"

thanx in advance

karuna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In the future please do not attach new questions to existing threads. Please create new threads. I have forked your question into its own thread.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Below excerpt is taken from the SAP standard training material, "The view controller is concerned with displaying pre-generated data and then handling the resulting user interaction (validation, error handling, and so on). It is the custom controller’s job to interact with back-end logic to generate the required data."

So if you want to do any validations then you need to code them in your view controller level. Say suppose

the validation is only to be performed for a certain user action, it can be placed in the corresponding action handler method (onaction<action>). However, if multiple action handler methods exist, some validations may have to be performed in more than one of the action handler methods. In this case, it is a good idea to put the coding in an extra method in order to have it written only once.For this reason, a special hook method exists for each view, which is processed before any of the action handler methods is called. The name of this hook method is wddobeforeaction( ). If a screen is composed of multiple views (nested views), then all wddobeforeaction( ) methods are processed before any action handler method is called.

Hope this helps resolve your problem. If you need to validate your input data for just 1 action then you directly write in the corresponding action handler method. If your view can have multiple actions triggered then you can put your validation logic inside the wddobeforeaction( ) method.

Regards,

Uday

And I guess that you are new to the SDN forum. Please create a new thread if you want to raise your doubts. Also try searching the forum for any previous similar threads.