cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector for SQL Server 2005 SSIS

riccardo_giorgi
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP .NET Connector can be used in SSIS (i.e. in a DTS) as a Data Provider for executing queries on a SAP R\3 Environment and retriving data?

If the answer is yes (as I hope) do I only have to install SAP Connector on my SQL Database server?

Thanks and Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

directly not.

You have an other product a SAP connector for MS BizTalk 2006 and 2004 usable to link SAP iDOC BAPI to SQL.

Remember that SAP .net connector isn't a connector but a plug'in for VS2003 to create automaticaly a proxy class to create your own SAP client (or server) with VS2003.

With SAP .net connector you could create a ETL to extract datas from SAP (SAP Query for instance) and feed your SQL database...

What's your aim ?

Edited by: Jerome Fortias on Nov 4, 2008 4:29 PM

riccardo_giorgi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I aim exactly to what you described in your last sentence: i have a SQL Server 2005 Database and i want to develop an ETL wich retrieves data from a SAP R\3 system, so i need to establish a connection from SQL Server to SAP R\3 in a DTS for executing a query or a function against R\3 tables.

I've used, in the past, the MS .NET Provider for MySap Business Suite, that does exactly this, but I'm currently facing a 4.5 SAP R\3 release, not supported by this MS Provider.

So I was asking myself if the SAPConnector for .NET provides the same functionalities

Thanks and best regardas

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK...Develop a .net application on VS2003 and ADO.net is the only solution. Normally you're able to develop your own package for SSIS.

But may be you have to evaluate an other toolbox as erpconnect.com...

riccardo_giorgi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Jerome.

Just to be clear I'll try to resume: I have to install SAP Connector for .NET on my SQL Database server, but, in order to have avaliable an ADO.NET provider that I can call on my SSIS package for opening a connection to SAP R\3, I have to develop some custom code on VS2005. Is that correct?

Last question: during installation I'm required to install VS.NET 7.0.1 IDE. Is this a component I can download on Microsoft site or I need an addictional license (I already installed VS 2005, as part of SQL Server 2005 installation)?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

No

You have to develop a DLL on VS2003 with the SAP .net connector, and with VS2005/2008 you develop your ETL (or SSIS package) with ADO.net which calls you the DLL built with SAP .net connector and you deploy your solution on a machine which is autorized to connect your SQL DB server (could be in the SQL server)

Answers (0)