cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a new field on ESS screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Just need a suggestion on how to a add a check box to the ESS view.

After reimporting the model basically, I want to know where do I have to edit the model bindings.

The RFC, we have added a custom field in the struchure HRBEN00_FSACONTRIB_TRANS of RFC HR_BEN_ESS_RFC_OFFER_DETAILS.

The view, I am tryign to add the field is to DetailFSAContributionView.

I just want to get little clarification on communication between view, interface controller, component controller and the model.

In a web dynpro application binding is between view -> controller n controller -> model. Looks like in the FPM application its different.

So, if anyone can let me know how to do the binding and any additional steps needed to be added to code inorder to intiate the values?

You help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

to add a check box, do it the layout if u want to do at design time,

or write code in the wdDoModifyView to create a check box if u want t o do it dynamically...

coming to the binding,

first check how the binding is done in the data modeller,

if it is view>componentcontroller->interfacecontroller

and model-->component controller,

reimport the model (as u have modified the structure)

first, apply template(service controller) to the component controller (binding takes place b/w the component controller and the model

then, bind the view to component controller and then component controller to the interface controller.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont htink we have to do the service template, Because context between model and controller already exists. I am assuming just we have to edit the model binding to get the zfield which i have added to that struchure.