cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pallet in or out of the BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our project there is a huge discussion about the pallet. It is a stockable and valuable material. The question is that it should be put in the BOM (as a normal packaging material - it is not returnable pallet) or it should be managed outside the BOM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the pallet is valuable , stockable and non-returnable then it should be maintained as seperate material with SKU ,and cant be included in BOM (eg: if u are having Aggerragetes (25kg bags of sand/cement) which come on special pallet which is stockable and with value ) then this pallet has to be charged seperately

hope this helps

regards

KKY

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your process and business requirement?

If you build the pallet into your product, the process is very simple but not so flexible I think - if you have to ship out partial-pallet deliveries your pallet-stock level will not be accurate.

In our project the customer also wants to know their pallet-stock level both at their customer site and both at their site (in their plant).

There are other pallets that are not owned by our customer.

So, sometimes the pallets are handled as returnable packaging (are booked to customer special stock "V" at the time of GI), sometimes they are consumed (from stock) at the time of GI.

First, empties management was suggested, but I think it is not designed for this purpose. Sensible solutions might be returnable packaging and handling unit management I think,

I suggested HUM since the packaging of the goods can be automized in this via packaging instructions, generation of packaging materials on deliveries can be set (no SO for packaging material is needed), handling of bar codes is also possible.

Using these (HUM, returnable packaging) the process is more flexible (I think) but these also mean (much) more efforts (both customizing and operative work). There might be other ways as well to handle this problem.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4d/2b921143ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/19/7f6d36f74c7505e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/19/ad1d3a81a1e572e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pallet is not returnable in our project and it's used for production and repacking process. The minimum business requirement is to follow the inventory movement between plants and issue pallet with customer delivery.

HU management should be a transparent solution for this issue but it increases the administration too.

I'm seeking a very simple solution. The purchasing side and the customer delivery is ok. But I don't know how I can differentiate empty and not-empty pallet in the production plant and in the distribution center. Within the actual solution we can see one huge stock but purchasing and logistic staff can't see the available empty pallet stock.

I'm thinking about to create a BW report which calculate the empty pallet but it is not a realy elegant solution.