cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rescheduling EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager in satellite system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Solution Manager 7.0 with ECC 6.0, NW 7, and 4.6C satellite systems. There is a weekly EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager task in the production 4.6C scheduled at 4am that is running very long, specifically an execution of report /SDF/RSORADLD_NEW. The job runs for over 5 hours, making it go into our online day.

I don't see any notes on tuning this program or correcting the root issue. I'm therefore looking at scheduling the job to begin earlier so it completes before our core business hours. In SDCCN it appears that this is defined as a non-periodic job, so it isn't clear how to reschedule it to run weekly at a different time.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Points will be awarded.

Best regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

regarding the long run time for /SDF/RSOADLD_NEW, you should look at note 1247198. Even though the program doesn't time out on your system, it's likely that the causes are similar.

best regards,

-David.

Edited by: David Murphy on Nov 5, 2008 12:30 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member97292
Participant
0 Kudos

I know this message has been answered.  Please find attached a file showing the solution click-by-click for Solution Manager 7.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Many thanks. I appreciate your responses.

Best regards,

Russ Brooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

regarding the time at which EWA sessions orignating from Solution Manager are processed: try changing the setting for non-periodic sessions at

SDCCN

goto

settings

task-specific

session data collection

settings

start time

and if that doesn't work, try changing the same setting for periodic sessions. I don't have a good reason why that should work, other than thinking that actually start time for periodic sessions (EWA processed by SAP) is set when you create an EWA processed by SAP and not in SDCCN settings.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

if you're using Oracle 10 DB, then check that the statistics listed in note 838725 have been created correctly. Often that's a source of problems for /SDF/RSORADLD_NEW.

best regards,

-David.