cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic refresh of chart by selecting a table row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a VC model with a BI query as a dataservice and table and chart as the output. The business need is that when a user clicks on a row on the table the chart should also get refreshed with the related row data.Currently the chart only shows the data in the first row of the table.I have read forums and tried solutions recommended like including the dataservice twice and connecting the output of the table to the input of the second dataservice and connecting its output to a chart but it still does not work. If anybody has found a workable solution can you please share?.

Thanks

Nirmala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can you send me the screenshots to me?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I do have my chart after my table and the output of the table is connected to the input of the chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can achive your requirement using Signal In and Signal Out operators.

Drag a Signal Out form your Table and then select the even as" Select".

Draga Chart form the compose panel now add the signal in to the chart,*signal in and signal out should have same name *.

add the fileds to signal in which fields you want to dispaly in chart,the data type of the fields you can get form the Table fields.

now the chart data will be chnaged according to the atbel rows

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Signal In/Out approach for transfering a selected table row to a chart does indeed work as described in this post. However, in this case, each column of the row is treated as a separate data series by Visual Composer. So, for example, if the table contains 12 columns, one for each month of the year, you end up with 12 separate data series, each with only one data element corresponding to the item in the selected row. In situations like this the requirement typically is to show the whole row as a single data series on the chart, rather than 12 separate data series.

I would be interested to know if anyone has a solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

fabien thanks for the reply but what you are suggesting is not relevant as I do not have a "submit" currently between my table and the chart. The output of the table to the chart does not let me write an event inorder for me to write a select instead of submit.

Thanks

Nirmala

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if you want your chart to be updated with the content of your table, you need to put your chart after your table in your model, do you see what I mean ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

instead of using the "submit" button, use the "select" event name on the line between your table and your chart.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Send you mail ID. I will send the screen shots.

Regards,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

cannot send email id's in the forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandrasekaran

Can you please use the email on my profile to send the screenshots

Thanks