cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic table & data binding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create an interactive form in WebDynpro ABAP (using Livecycle Designer 8.0).

This application consists of two screens.

I have a selection screen which populates an internal table in a context node.

The next screen has the interactive form and should create the table dynamically to match the internal table.

I can see the context on this screen as I inserted a simple WD table UI element and it displays the data.

I created my form in the wizard here which allows you to set the interface to be a context node in the application. However the binding is not working at all. In fact when I set the binding attribute in the various subforms, rows etc I get a warning message

"Using 'Normal' data binding when a default data connection is defined may produce undesirable results"

Has anyone experienced this before or can anyone tell me how to set up a dynamic, bound table in WebDynpro ABAP?

Thanks,

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

From your information, I can say that you are having two Views. In the First View you have a selection screen and by the selection screen you are filling the Internal Table which is being used in the next View.

To display the Internal in the Adobe Interactive Form from WebDynpro. Firstly you need to create a main context node and in that context node create another sub node with Cardinality "0..n" and Selection "0..1"and link that to a Table or Structure or leave that blank. i you left blank create attributes of your own or select from the table or structure you have referenced.

Now in the Method you fill sub node after all the select statements written and at end write a code "sub_node_name->bind_table ( internal_table )".

Now after filling the template source it asks for the interface, when filling select the main context node.

I think this will solve your problem.

Regards

Pradeep Goli