Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i use TAXINJ....

My doubt is.. why should Excise duty to get posted via sd procedure ???

Why not via FI procedure (like Sales Tax ) ???

Any valid reason ?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No valid reason. IN fact the A/P excise duty gets posted via the FI procedure. Its the way SAP has triggered it. But there are advantages in having the posting done directly from the SD procedure which is why the TAXINN is used. Here the rates can be defined at the condition record stage. Think of the number of tax codes you need to keep track off. With the condition technique you can control the way it works and that too automate it instead of picking up the tax code like it happens in MM.

regds

Jude

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Veera

Even sales tax is also determined from SD only. In FI, they just crete a tax code and value in FTXP. In SD only, you are defining as to how it should flow based on various combinations you maintain in UTXJ and assign the tax code.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxshmi,

i mean to say....

Excise duty-- System will use account key in JFACT & VKOA settings to do the postings...

Sales tax (LST & CST )-- System uses Posting Key in Taxinj & OB42 seetings to do postings...

i hope i understood properly...

pls letme know if it is wrong...

Cheers

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you posting sales tax via FI ??

Only when you generate billing in SD, the respective values (excise duty or sales tax) will be posted to FI.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

FI means Via TAXINJ.....

SD Means Via JFACT...

sorry to have confused

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please note that you can post excise duties via FI posting too. But you will face issue incase of

export sales. Where in your duty values are statistical in SD pricing procedure but will get posted from

FI (tax procedure).

Best Regards

MBS