cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermediate step before budget release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our client require intermediate step bet. cj30 & cj32.

In normal case we directly system post the document after saving in cj30 / cj32.

But requirement is:

Project people will ask budget - cj30

Asst. Account head will enter the fig. to release budget - Intermediate step

Account head will check the fig. & then post the document - which happens in cj32.

How to achieve this?

Thanks,

RIYA M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what if your first step you use CJ40, you just enter planned cost, no but no document is posted here...

then you use CJ30 as your "intermediate step"..

then use CJ32 for budget release..

hope its useful..

otherwise you could use WBS status for example to add a step between CJ30 (original budget) and CJ32 (release budget)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for replies.

The case is, Account officer is not have time to enter the fig. manually at his own. He want his asst. to do that and he ll click a single button and then budget will be released.

How WBS status can help?

Even if I allow/disallow Cj32 using status, after that also he will have to enter fig. at his own, which he dont want to......

Hope requirement is clear now.

Suggest something.

RIYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ramesh suggested Project people can enter values in CJ40 and Asst.Account head can verify and copy the planned values in CJ30 and modify where ever it is required.

U can develop a BDC to upload the values in CJ40.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I understood your concept. BDC will take care of CJ40. Asst. will do CJ30 BUT

who will do CJ32 ?

Accounts head is not intrested in clerical work. He will just check that my asst. asked to release this much amt.

In most (95%) of the cases he ll just post the fig., in some cases if he feels that the budget given is more then only he ll edit the fig. & then post.

Kindly suggest considering this.

RIYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as i understand it, what you want is that the accounts head will just view the budget for release then with one approval click the budget will be released.. maybe what you want is there is an "approve" button for budget release.. (similar to release strategy for Purchase Requisition) for example

unfortunately i dont know how to do that or if it is possible, maybe some kind of user exit if you really need it..

however if you dont want much difficulty in implem, just convince client that all he has to do is to click select all, then copy view, then save and the budget will already be released.. although its not a "one click" transaction, still its a simple thing to do for a project.. just a suggestion..

regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh,

I ll take care.

RIYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can use "EDIT->COPY VIEW" and select current budget in CJ32 to copy the current budget entered in CJ30. Dont have manually enter the values.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the following transactions:

CJ30 Change oridginal Budget in PS

CJ31 Display

CJ32 Release budget

CJ37 Enter sublement In Project

CJ38 Enter return In Project

You can have different status in a project

Say

Status 01 CJ30 Allowed