cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with Bex analyser on sap GUI 710

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are noticing issues after a recent upgrade to sap GUI 710 where sapGUI shows a different set of systems and Bex analyser shows a differen set of systems from old version?

1)old version was uninstalled and reinstalled with new version.

1)sapgui 710 is on patch 6 and Bex on level 5

any thoughts please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. The BEx reads the set of systems from saplogon.ini in WINDOWS folder, in your case you have new saplogon.ini in

"program files\sap\..... try to search in this folder " and gui reads sets of systems from this saplogon.ini

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Thanks for your reply. I do not see the ini file under Program files/sap.

Could you please suggest to check any other settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not say it direct in folder Program files/sap, i'm say try to search in this folder, are you try it? It in folder under this folder, i'm not on work and do not remember the folder name ...

P.S. Check in \Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui

Or you can check, press top left square in saplogon.exe --> options check the SAPLOGON_INI_FILE or

direct path to saplogon.ini

Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Nov 5, 2008 7:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked under all folders in programfiles/SAP but no luck and when searched on all drives could get in C->Windows only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you check in "options" the path to your saplogon.ini ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Thanks for your time in replying the request. SapGUI shows the right set of systems and it is the BEX analyser that shows the wrong set of systems. Is there any setting that I can check from teh BEX where it is pulling the ini file from?

Cheers,

Venkatesh.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are not answer on my question .... (( What do you use in"Options" of saplogon , where

File name Path

saplogon.ini (like this) C:\blabla

BEx uses the saplogon.ini from WINDOWS folder (we speak about NEW BEx (710))

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sergo,

I have resolved the issue. I have set an Environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE in Windows for the saplogon.ini file and this worked like a magic.

Thanks for your time on this.

Regards,

Venkatesh.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i glad for you, in next time read my answers for example.... i'm say you check this in my second thread ...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had the same issue on our PCs, also on 'Remote Desktop' server used for remote access. We are starting our BW 7 implementation.

1. On my PC this was resolved by renaming an old saplogon.ini I had in 'My Documents'

2. On the RDT server it was more obscure, as follows:

the 'Options' under Saplogon-Pad showr the correct C:\Windows\saplogon.ini, also the SAPLOGON_INI_FILE parameter is correctly set for the same value. However I notice it is looking for sapmsg.ini & saproute.ini on a network drive H:

I look on H: and there is an old saplogon.ini file. I delete this and suddenly Bex Analyzer is picking up the C:\Windows file correctly.

So.. these Bex addon tools are looking in various places, it's not always obvious where.

Sergo, you should be careful when you berate other users of this forum, because the solution is not as obvious as you think.

Thanks everyone for your contributions, which I found helpful to resolve our problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Go the Dockers! .

To get started, I am not hiding behind the fun Nik names ...

second: please show me where

when you berate other users of this forum

where i do this ??

About your BUG I know

these Bex addon tools are looking in various places, it's not always obvious where

but if you set correct the SAPLOGON_INI_FILE , the other places are not so mandatory.

If you have a bug on your PC, it possible you need to trace it using

"SAP logon control trace " try to read this note and you will find all required information ....

Note 507667 - SAP logon control and SAPLOGON_INI_FILE environment variable

P.S. about gui and sap logon :

Note 38119 - SAP Logon: Administration of functions

Where only find such words berate

)

If I

berate other users

as you say , it is clearly not in this thread ...

Regards

Answers (0)