cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In my cilents system, in a Sales Order when we enter a Material quantity which is more than available stock, system is not giving any 'Availablity Control' screen. I mean:

Stock Available: 25 pcs

Quantity entered in Sales Order: 50 pcs

If you want to manually see 'Availablity Control' screen we can go to "Edit - Check Availability". This screen is coming automatically for me in my practice server which is a copy of 000 client, even here I have not done anything different from my client's server.

Maybe there is a difference which I am not aware of, so kindly help me in solving this issue.

My requirement is: If I enter any quantity that is more than the available stock, system should automatically take me to the 'Availablity Control' screen to tell me that the Available/Confirmed stock is so and so., and the balance will be available only afterwards.

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Edited by: yajee venkat on Nov 4, 2008 5:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

First check in material master MRP3 view what availability check you have maintained which relates to checking rule.

Then check your schedule line category in VOV6, whether you have checked the box "Availability".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathiji,

Availability Check '02' is already assigned and 'Availability' is ticked in VOV6. Still in my client's server, the Availability control screen is not popping up when we enter Quantity more than the available stock.

For more clarification, if we select the line item and click on "Check Item Availability" icon at the bottom of the screen, we get "Availability Control" screen. This screen is the one I need to get automatically popped up when Order Quantity exceeds Available Quantity (MMBE or ATP Quantity - what ever).

Regarding the other suggessions from other Gurus, let me try them and then I will update ASAP.

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Edited by: yajee venkat on Nov 5, 2008 10:31 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

Check in Requirement Class (T.Code OVZG) whether you have checked the box "Availability". For information, if you have not checked in requirement class but checked in schedule line category, in that case also, the issue what you explained will happen.

Hope you know how to correlate your requirement class. If not, do the following:-

- Go to OPPS, select your strategy group and see what Requirement Type is maintained there.

- Go to OVZH, select that Requrement Type and see what Requirement Class is maintained there.

- Now go to OVZG, select that Requirement Class and see whether you have selected the box against "Availability"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathiji,

Go to OPPS, select your strategy group and see what Requirement Type is maintained there.

Go to OVZH, select that Requrement Type and see what Requirement Class is maintained there.

Now go to OVZG, select that Requirement Class and see whether you have selected the box against "Availability"

In my practic server (where I am getting the pop-up), there is no Strategy Group.

In my Client's server, Strategy Group is 10 for a particular material.

In OPPS, for Strgy Grp 10, its Requirement Type is KSL

In OVZH, for KSL, Requirement Class is 030.

In OVZG, for 030, Availability is Checked as well as Requirement Transfer.

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the issue is resolved. Totally 3 PP consultants have worked on this issue with me and done some settings some where, which I am not aware of. Now I am getting the Availablility Control Screen when ever I enter quantity more than the available stock.

Thanks for all the help and sorry I could not come back to you with any helpful answer.

Utmost regards.

Venkat - Hyd

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should set the control parameters in OVZ9 for the combination of your checking rule and checking group

3 major factors influence the Availability check

Physical stocks

Inward movements like PRs POs etc

Outward movements like sales reservations

I think in your case if the material is available only 25 qty stock and the sale order is rised for 50 units then naturally in sales order the Availability check will run and has to give the a future delivery proposl for the other 25 qty and this can happen only in t code OVZ9 if configured properly

Go to t code OVZ9 and see what all the parameters are maintained there and control accordinly

I think right now in your case the system is taking some future receipts in to account while performing Availability check

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the setting for Availability check and see what all parameters it uses to trigger the check. This will give you the reason. Also there is a cumulation of quantities in requirements. Tick it. sometimes care also confirmation of requirements are not taken into consideration and this shows that the system has more stock than the order so it allows.

check it out.

regds

Jude