cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display PDF from BAPI's binary output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am struck badly with this scenerio here.

we have a Bapi which is generating an adobe form in the backend and providing that as an attribute of type binary.

i used the following code to display that binary output, to be opened in Acrobet reader.

byte[] pdfContent= wdContext.nodeZhra_Get_Lettertype_Desc_Input().nodeOutput().currentOutputElement().getE_Bin_File();

IWDCachedWebResource pdfResource = WDWebResource.getWebResource(pdfContent,WDWebResourceType.PDF);

IWDWindow win = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createExternalWindow(pdfResource.getURL(),"PDF in Arabic",true);

win.setTitle("PDF in Arabic");

win.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.ADDRESS_BAR);

win.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.TOOL_BAR);

win.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.MENU_BAR);

win.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.STATUS_BAR);

win.show();

the problem is that the acrobet reader opens and says it could not display the file and it may be not supported or might be damaged.BUT

1. the file is being generated and correctly displayed on another system

2. both systems have the same version and updates of acrober reader 9.

Kindly let me know the solution or some work-around to solve this problem. Is there a way,where i should use interactive form to do this...

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

If it works on one client but not on the other i think it is not a Server problem.

Check th following:

Open the document in the Browser where it is displayed and save it on a thumbdrive and open it on the other client.

-> If it works: it must be Browser settings

-> If not: the generated PDF is not valid for the Adobe Reader of the other client.

If it works on the Server but not on the client, try to dump it to a file on the Webserver to see if the BAPI call (RFC/WS) is the problem. When you use XString for exampe I think there is a problem with the data beeing split into several lines. If you have the file you should be able to open it. Compare the size of the File on the WebAS and the backend.

Kind regards

Matthias

Edited by: Matthias Schneider on Nov 4, 2008 6:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i saved the file over the client where it worked and tried opening it over my client..it worked... so there is no problem with my acrobat reader... tried both with ie and mozilla but no success...

since our server is based on solaris, i dont know how to check the pdf generation application over that machine..but the issue remains...if its a acrobat reader problem than it should go away after so much hit and trial with different versions of same and various language packs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is really strange.

Have you accessed the File with the same user and the same application properties?

Try to use a tool like fiddler to see the traffic between your browser and the server.

Compare the transferred file sizes with the working one. If it is the same, i think it might be a problem in the way your browser handles downloads or opens mime types.

Kind regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the issue has been addressed and that was a very simple thing which i was failing to notice because i had very little knowledge about the R3 backend.

in the R3, the output device was not set against my user id or for anybody for whom the application was failing

still i thank all of you for your generous help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using "UIElemet: InteractiveForm".

1. Connect the wdContext.nodeZhra_Get_Lettertype_Desc_Input().nodeOutput().currentOutputElement().getE_Bin_File() attribute to the property "pdfSource".

2. set the mode property of the UIElement to "usePdf".

You can open this view in a seperate window.

Aviad

Edited by: Aviad Levy on Nov 4, 2008 4:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, i was trying this....

but the pdf is generated at the click of the button and before click of the button there is no data in the bin attribute.

Now since interactive elements cant be generated dynamically, tell me how to bring interactive element into play at the click of the button(what to write in the actionButtonClick).

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need for the interactive elements there, the pdf is ready.

Do not set the "dataSource" property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also set "displayType" property to "native"

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Restart ur NWDS and sever. It will work

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

tried everything, nothing worked...

i have uploaded the application over the EP as well into a view and the same works fine over only one system....

got any more ideas?