cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Struck in Syndicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's,

When data is syndicated in data manager, data flows into syndictor via mdss server automatically, i find the records struck in syndicator which i can see in destination preview and it does not flow to the outbound folder.

Could you please help me.

Thanks in advance

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

The Destination Preview in teh syndicator jst shows you the preview of the records that will get syndicated to the outbound port.It is not that they are stuck in the destination preview.

If your records are not getting syndicated to the designated outbound ready folder then you need to check for the following:

- The Syndication server is up and running and the mdss.ini file is correctly configured.

- The ports configuration are correct and the processing type is automatic for that port.

- Also check the exceptions folders in the outbound folder if the file has gone to any exception folder.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went thru the whole process u explained. but, still i have the records struck in the Syndicator which i had syndicated from Data Manager. Its only with our QA Syndicator. I had compared all the syndiactor settings & mdss.ini configuration with our PRD, every thing is same.

But, why is QA syndicator behaving different?

Please guide me ....

cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Are you using the same syndication maps that you have created for production??

then how have you reused the maps?

You need to export your maps and import it separately try saving the maps with a different name.

If your syndication is not happening correctly it should be a problem with one of the following only:

- Syndication server and configurations

- Ports settings

- Exporting and importing

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using same maps for all the servers (Development, QA & PRD).

When need to change a Map, will export it & Import it in to another Server with changed map name and save it in the Console --> Port.

Syndication server and configurations & Ports settings are same for all the servers.

could you please guide me.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transporting maps across landscape is not always reliable, at least happened in our case, check & see if all the fields are mapped, and you are actually supressing/not the changed records,

so you did change some records in QA and syndicator on the same map shows the records but Syndication server does not dole them out?

may be u r checking the syndication server ready folder too early?

what is the polling interval on the port? May be it is too large

-Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for ur response.

Time interval for rolling records to outbound folder Auto Syndication Task

Delay= "0".

i find all the records struck in the syndicator as per the company wise (when we syndicator reocrds based on serach criteria - Compnay).

Could you please guide me.

cheers

srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Any updates please??

Cheers

srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALl,

Thanks for the updates, found a solution

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to above post, it may be possible also that you are syndicating records with some search criteria's (Free-form, Drill-down search) which you have set in your map.

Also it could be because of you have set some Properties to your destination items.

Hope it Helps,

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Please check your syndication map; may be you have set any property in Map Properties tab which must be restricting some records.

You might have enabled any property like Suppress unchanged records, Suppress records without key etc.

All the suppress records will be visible in gray color in Syndicator and will not be syndicated outside MDM.

Regards,

Varun