cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating a client proxy for a WS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried creating a client proxy from a wsdl but I've had no luck getting it to work.

First of all I created the client proxy in se80 with instructions from a teched lecture. The proxy seems to be generated as intended. When I create the default logical port for the proxy in lpconfig, it doesn't get any URL at all by default in the Call Parameters tab. Atleast in the teched demo the logical port got the default URL straight away.

Therefore I opened the wsdl file with notepad and put the address that was specified in the soap:address element as the location attribute. After saving and activating both the logical port and the client proxy I tried testing the proxy. All the methods give the same following error message:

Sap Fault Code 1:

Found 0 operation definitions using keys...

The WS works fine from the WS Navigator test page though. If I change the logical port URL I get an "Unsupported xstream found" error message. Thus I assume the URL that I took from the wsdl should be correct. Can I assume the wsdl is somehow broken? As I look closer at the wsdl, it seems to consist of several wsdl's that are imported to the main wsdl.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evan,

I don't think the wsdl is broken. I assume your webservice is deployed on WAS. Typically the SAP wsdl consist of 3 files, main wsdl file and 2 other files for binding and porttypes.

When all three files are appropriately available then only the proxy gets generated.

Since in your case the proxy is generated and you could activate it, means there is no problem in the wsdl.

Are there any further details in your error?

Does your service methods require any input and you are providing the input appropriately?

Regards,

Vandana.

Answers (0)