cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All repositories not defined for MDMGX extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently after running the MDMGX transaction in SAP R/3 system, on checking the repositiories defined for MDM 5.5 Generic Extractor, I find that only repositories Business Partner and Product are present. But I would like to have the extraction possible for other repositories such as Vendor, Customer, Variety, Material.

Could any one guide me on what has to be done to resolve this. On checking this, I found that this could possibly be solved by applying a note. But I am confused and do not know which note is to be applied.

Thanks in advance,

Rosie Sasidharan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly go through the below link. You can have entries for Custom repositories as well

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithesh,

Do you mean that only Business Partner and Product are standard SAP repositories and Customer, Vendor, Variety, etc are customized SAP repositories?

But I believe I read that Customer, Vendor and Variety are also standard SAP repositories and all the respositories are to be defined along with the extractor in the MDM 5.5 Package.

Then, why is only Business Partner and Product alone being displayed in MDM extractor?

Thanks & Regards,

Rosie Sasidharan.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosie,

Custoemr, Vendor and Material have been added to MDMGX in a later release. It seems that your PI plugin is on SP level that does not yet include this. The easiest solution is upgrading your PI plugin to the latest version. Otherwise you have to add the object types manually and use the MDMGX*txt files of the business content for creating the entries in MDMGX.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to work with current patch only then you can manually add the object for your repository as given in the link posted above.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Customer reference table, the MDM Business content which you can download (from Service Market Place ) also contains MDMGX_ 55XXX.txt file in each of your business content zip folder ( for eample MDMGX_55_customer.txt in your Customer.zip folder). Now Go to R/3 System go to T-code SE38 execute Report MDM_GX_UPLOAD_MDMGXC1

and then upload this MDMGX_ 55XXX_Customer.txt file. Make sure that Remove Header Line checkbox is selected while executing the report.

For checking upload result in SAP client system, start transaction MDMGX in SAP client system and select Maintain Ports and Check-Tables menu item.

Similarly you can do this for Vendor etc.

System opens a selection screen. In selection screen select Customer as object Type (can select this using input help or F4 help) and choose Execute.

MDMGX is use to load lookup table data(Reference data) which always need to be fill before filling Master data. you dont need XI for MDMGX to bring Data from R/3 system.

For transaction MDMGX follow this pdf file from Service Market Place as.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000394732006E/MDM554_GenericExtactor.pdf which give you step by step explaination.

You can also find settings for MDMGX:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

Hope it solves your Query,

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for your reply. As you have said that Customer, Vendor and Variety were added in a later release, could you please provide some link/details which specifies the release from which this was included or the note which has to be applied to reflect this.

This would be very much useful for me to guide BASIS on resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Rosie Sasidharan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for your reply. As you have said that Customer, Vendor and Variety were added in a later release, could you please provide some link/details which specifies the release from which this was included or the note which has to be applied to reflect this.

Thanks & Regards,

Rosie Sasidharan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Thanks & Regards,

Rosie Sasidharan.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosie,

as I do not know your ECC system and MDMGX is delivered as PI plugin, please check SAP Notes 964991 and 995991. The first one lists the SPs needed for MDMGX, the second one lists the SPs needed for the additional extractors for Customer, Vendor and Material. If you forward those notes to your Basis team, they should be able to identify the correct SP for your system.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Micheal,

I had seen these notes and was in the confusion as to which has to be applied. We have asked BASIS to go forward with note 964991 and check it. In case it does not help probably we will go with the 2nd SAP Note 995991.

Thanking everyone for their inputs and timely help.

Keeping this thread open so that I can update once the SAP note is applied

Thanks & Regards,

Rosie Sasidharan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Can you share which PI plugin with SP needed for this?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am also looking for Material, Vender, Customer standard objects in MGMGX.

I have seen the Notes and the ERP systems already have the minimum. Could you tell me which SP or Plug-in do we need to get those objects?

Appriciate your help in advance,

Jah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MDMGX for Customer and Vendor (Repository ) you need to define Port & FTP which connect SAP

MDM from SAP R/3 once thatu2019s is done then define MDM Object type then try

Thanks

Satnam Dhillon