cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Exception Error Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm currently having an JCO exception error when I try deploying my Web Dynpro app. I get this exception error

RFC_Error_Program: 'password' missing

It also has a type not found exception, which fails to create that 'password'.

Is there anyone who knwos what could cause this and how it can be resolved? I tried importing this one in a different web dynpro app, and it was able to deploy it successfully.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

check ur R/3 server is responding properly or not.

Regards,

Supraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying! Anyway, I think the R/3 is working properly since I also tested the models on another application via importing the model there, and it worked just fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using SSO tickets, please make sure that the ticket is not expired.

May be you can try by providing the password in CAPITAL letters. Some times it works

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if your WD application has authentication mode set to true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I check that? I'm kind of new to the technology so I'm still not familiar with some configuration properties in Web Dynpro.

Thanks a lot for taking time into this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Ignore my previous message. I found the properties and yes, it is set to true like you said. Should I set that to false instead? I'm not so familiar with the code and config properties of the app since this was only transitioned to me from a previous developer.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be set to true.

Check if the user you are using has the proper authorizations in the ECC systems (Use your basis for help)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the JCo's whether you have given the password for 'password missing' error.

or

read the exception text and check JRFC and JCo traces

Traces can be done as shown below.

JRFC trace

name

jrfc*.trc

directory j2ee/cluster/server* or defined path

how to switch on and off

set JVM options for the server via the Config Tool and restart server: -Djrfc.trace=0/1, -Djco.trace_path=defined_path

JCO trace

name

JCO*.trc

directory j2ee/cluster/server* or defined path

how to switch on and off

set JVM options for the server via the Config Tool and restart server: -Djco.trace_level=0-10,-Djco.trace_path=defined_path

Check for the solution in Portal Implementation or Webdynpro Forums also.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, I dnt have access rights to the Portal Implementation and other Server tools. I only have access to the Web Dynpro codes.

I'm kind of lost on this one, because I dnt know where the error is coming from. I also imported the very same model in a different application, and it worked just fine there. It didn't show me a JCO 'password' missing error.

Thanks for replying by the way.