cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we split an xml message into two via an AS2 adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I am having a scenario where we split an XML message into two from an existing single XML message.We will be using an AS2 adapter for it.Also can the AS2 adapter be made workable without third party details ,for e.g can we use any dummy values or any workaround for testing this?

Require your help on this urgently.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u used split997 module of seeburger adapter. This u may use at module chain of As2 adapter.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please give me a step by step process of achieveing this or any pdf that could help me to do it.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think there is some standard guide available on sdn. But u will find the document along inside the Seeburger installtion pack. U have to use the bic module along with Split module. It would look something like this:

Module Name Type Module Key

localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean L bic

localejbs/Seeburger/MessageSplitter L split

Module Key Module Parameters Parameter Value

bic mappingName XXXX

bic split true

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Prateek for a lot of information on this topic.

I would like to know if it is possible to use/test the scenario wiyhout having third party details?

Also can the AS2 adapter be made workable without third party details ,for e.g can we use any dummy values or any workaround for testing this?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For testing working of the AS2 adapter, u will require partner details using AS2 protocol. But for testing the modules I have mentioned earlier, u may use the same modules on file adapter communication channel and check for the desired output on any local file server.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

For splitting the XML message via AS2 adapter you need to use Split997 adapter as well.

This splitting of the incoming XML message also requires the entry to be maintained in the Seeburger workbench in message splitter tab. Here you need to define the condition based on which the message will be split.

Thank you.

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran

Can you give me the list of steps needed to configure the scenario?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arjun, no seeburger help is available online. U will have to use the standard documents provided along with Seeburger adapter. They carry all the relevant information.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

AS2 is using http(s) as underlying protocol.

You are only able to test when you communicate with an other AS2 Server.

My question is why you want to split an XML message in the adapter? You can do that in aa ccBPM with a multimapping.

If you want to split with the split997 component, you will have to program your own XML Mainmapping and Splitmapping.

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

We are having a scenario of xml to xml ,via AS2 adapter, and the input xml should be split up into two parts , also we have to put some special characters in the final xml file,please tell me which option we should go for and what should be the sequence of steps and which approach should be followed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

In your scenario I would not use the Seeburger converter but use standard SAP XI/PI functionality. In the receiver determination you are able to split the message if you have to send it to 2 different recipients. In the Interface determination you can split the message to map it into different interfaces.

Hope that helps,

Jens

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Jens.

The split adapter / module from Seeburger is used when your EDI message / EDI over AS2 message contains multiple Functional Groups or multiple transaction sets and you want one message per functional group / transaction set.

In your case you are doing simple XML transfer over AS2 and hence it makes no sense to use the splitter module.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

In my scenario I have to send a message disposition notification(MDN) as well back to the sending system,hence we are using the AS2 adapter.What do you suggest, that we do for splitting the xml ,we have to use the AS2 adapter in any case.Should we split by multimapping in CCBPM or do it in split997 module?Will the BIC Mapping designer come into the picture?Where can I get the BIC mapping designer?Who can install it?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you suggest, that we do for splitting the xml

Use multimapping without BPM.

Will the BIC Mapping designer come into the picture?

No.

Where can I get the BIC mapping designer?

Its a separate tool which creates Software Deployment Archives (SDA) and comes as a part of complete Seeburger Suite.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

As you need to send MDN as well , I would suggest you splitting the xml use AS2 adapter and split997 adapters. In AS2 adapter you have to define the BIC module's parameter split to true so as to indicate message split.

BIC mapping designer will come into picture but you can assign the mappingName parameter to AUTO for automatic search of mapping depending on message format.

You need to follow the instructions in the installation guide for BIC adapter.

Thank you.

Simran