cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Date Picker on Pocket PC or Blackberry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When viewing a Web Dynpro application on a Pocket PC or Blackberry browser there is no support for the date picker which appears automatically in a normal browser. This is practically making our applications useless without this functionality. We are trying to demonstrate the benefits of Web Dynpro here, but are just getting screwed-up faces from our users when they realise there is no date picker or equivalent. Not only that, on the Blackberry, usually the application can tell the current field is a date field, and the keyboard input changes autmoatically, making it easy to enter the date. However this doesn't happen with a Web Dynpro app - the user really has to struggle to enter a date. Does any one know of any workaround for this? To me, this really limits the usablity of Web Dynpro for mobile devices. Date input is one of the most fundamental user interface tasks. Web Dynpro has all this great stuff, but in my opinion, ruins it all with this feature lacking.

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not seen any documentation or post that details the associated function keys for operating the date picker function w/ a keyboard in lieu of a mouse in a standard web browser either(let alone a mobile device). Isn't that a violation of 508 compliancy? Does anyone have any more information on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chad,

Sadly, this is true. And not only for date picker. I don't know whether it was fixed in SP15/16 but in previous versions you were unnable to use any input help without mouse, any == SVS(combo-box) + EVS (input-field) + OVS (input-field)

VS