cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Server error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make import server work. i have droped an XML file in the Ready folder of the server. I have done the settings in the mdis.ini file in the Import server but i cannot see any activity goin on. I got the following file in the log folder once .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="MDM_Log.xsl"?>

<MDM_Log version="1.0" path="c:\program files\sap mdm 5.5\import manager server\ImportManagerBat@@U@060215@144859.xml"

>

<Open ts-long="14:48:59 GMT, Wednesday, February 15, 2006" ts="2006/02/15 14:48:59.546 GMT" pid="2416" host="infva02583" compile-type="RELEASE_32">

<Trace ts="2006/02/15 14:48:59.546 GMT" tid="3688" entry-no="0">Import Server job started</Trace>

<Failure ts="2006/02/15 14:48:59.828 GMT" tid="3688" entry-no="1" operation="Cannot load XML file.<LINE-FEED/>Error:<LINE-FEED/>COM error 80040154 Class not registered<LINE-FEED/>Source = Description = <LINE-FEED/>"/>

<Trace ts="2006/02/15 14:48:59.828 GMT" tid="3688" entry-no="2">Import Server job finished</Trace>

</Open>

</MDM_Log>

the following are my port settings

Type = Inbound

Format = XML Schema

XML Schema = MATMAS05

Client System = MDC R/3

Map = 00_MATMAS_R3

Can anyone help me on this..

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Even i have faced the same error and have installed msxml4sp2.msi ( downloaded from MS site ).

This solved my issue.

Hope this will be helpful for the others.

Regards,

Nimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Are you using MDM5.5 SP3 or MDM5.5 SP3 patch 1.

It seems they fixed some of the bugs related to Import server and Import manager and Import manager batch in SP3 Patch 1.

Refere to Note# 919229.

Thanks

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

I am using MDM 5.5 SP03 Patch 1.

I have progressed a bit since i had posted this query.

The problem i am facing now is that i get success files in the status folder but i cannot see any records getting written to the repository also i get the success files only if i connect to the port using import manager(I don't hit Execute Import in the import manager though).

Can you help me with this.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

can you pls. tell me how did you solved the error

"Login error: Cannot load xml file. Com error 80040154. Class not registered. Source= Description= " ?

I am facing the same issue on some PC's where I've installed the IM. On another PC the installaion of IM works as expected and I can upload xml files.

Thanks

Cristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristian ,

I have not been able to figure out why that errot occured. Refer to the query with subject MDM import server.

Did you mean Import manager by IM because i got that error when working with import server.

Regards.

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

by IM I've meant the MDM import manager. I get this after I am trying to upload an xml file in the import manager but only on some PC'S. A hint could be the prerequisite software (like XML Parser and MDAC) which has to be installed prior to the MDM clients. I've tried to identify if those components are already installed and I think they are, also with the correct version. Some of them are delivered with Win XP SP1, some of them with Internet Explorer 5.5, quite unclear.

So I still don't know how to deal with this error :

"Login error: Cannot load xml file. Com error 80040154. Class not registered. Source= Description= " ?

Thank you anyway

Christian

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

To ensure streamlined troubleshooting, I'd recommend you to post also an OSS ticket.

Regards,

Markus