cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency field validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For SRM-MDM catalog workflow, I want to write a currency field validation to find out the catalog item data records where difference between the original price and the new price for the same catalog item data is greater than 1%.

So as a precursor to the final validation expression, I wrote a very primitive validation expression like:

IF((Contract Price.Amount - [Original].Contract Price.Amount)>1,FALSE,TRUE)

And I was expecting that this should return a FALSE boolean value whenever difference is greater than 1. But surprisingly, irrespective of the difference in the amount, it always returns a TRUE value.

I am wondering whether it is a problem with the validation expression or is it a bug? I am working on SAP MDM 5.5 SP04 Patch 02 (5.5.63.71).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Satyen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for your reply.

As I had mentioned in my previous post, irrespective of whether, amount value is incremented or decremented, it always returns FALSE.

Syntactically and logically, your validation expression is correct but still it always return an error message (a FALSE value).

What do you reckon, is it a bug in the MDM software?

Regards,

Satyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this

IF((((Contract Price.Amount / [Original].Contract Price.Amount)-1)*100)>1,FALSE,TRUE)

Regards

Nisha