cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict WBS elements in using PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As per our SAP configuration we are creating PO using WBS as budgets having account assignments as Q. Our company has several divisions & we have given different WBS elements to each division as their annual budgets. Single person from each division is assigned to create PO. The issue is, there is no restriction on WBS when they create PO. Is there any way to restrict WBS element to particular user in such way that, only that particular user can use only their divisional WBS element in creating PO?????

Your expert advices are highly appreciated u2026u2026u2026.

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I believe each division would have different plants or profit centre...if so then give authorisation on basis of these and restrict others.

Regards

Abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

each division has different prerson serponsibility & cost center but could not define these values on user profiles...

TX & reg,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your restriction doesn't work using the standard objects, you can use CO validation (T Code OKC7) under Cost Accounting - Line Item using the Structure COBL. Look at the relevant fields and use them is Pre-req and Check with structure PRPS.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for all your feedbaks..

but my requirement was to give authorization to a particular user to use only one WBS element, other people can't use that WBS, when they create their POs.

This is regarding, users are creating POs having account assignment as Q & then giving WBS element.

THanks & Reg,

Sam....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sam,

checking my previous post and try with me21n for PO and me51n is for PR sorry .... it would work ... once u create this every user who creates PO wil have WBS filled automatically and field will be greyed...

regrds

puspha

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to do following things -

1) Create authorization groups for the users of different departments (you need the help of BASIS person for this)

2) Attach milestone to the WBS elements where you need to mention this authorization group (in milestone).

By this only that groups of users would be able to access that particular WBS element.

This is one of the solution I am also trying...for similar scenario at my client's place.

Pl try at your end and let me know if it works well.

Thanks and Regards

Parimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sam,

create as many transaction variants [SHD0]for tcode me51n with transactions variants names starting with Z and pressing enter will take u to PO screen ... here enter some data and press enter this would pop u screen variant here press continue to get into next screen ... u need to enter into account assignment screen variant by entering some data ... once u get this for WBS say with output only and save the transaction variant and test the same.This can be given for a user and in the similar manner create another transaction variant for SHD0 and give it for another user ... in this way u create n no of transaction variants for the same tcode and assign to diffe users ... have a look at the doc in help.sap.com

regrds

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa

I have been trying to do it frist time, but bit confused... which program to select and screen numbers etc etc...

Can you share if you have procedure for example how to create transaction variants..

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Sudhakar