Did you mean: 

What type of scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Scenario steps.

1. Biztalk collects the files and sending XML to PI

2. PI maps the fields with IDOC and sending it to ECC

The above scenario is SOAP to IDOC or File to IDOC?

Please share your suggestions.

Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U should proceed with SOAP to Idoc scenario.

The simplest choice to connect XI with Biztalk is the SOAP adapter using Web Services technologies. Other adapters could also be used based on asynchronous, transactional and

mass data integration scenarios.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for the scenario confirmation, so I am going to do SOAP to IDOC scenario.

Doubt:

Actually for sender side we are going to get XML file. Is it correct or it should be wsdl file?

Regards

Sara

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender side uses XI wsdl to generate an xml message to send properly to XI. If the sender side produces the xml already in XI message format, then there is no need for any change.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

We got the info that, we are going to get XML file from Biztalk.

So, directly we have to convert the xml file to wsdl(just changing the extension and saving it as a wsdl file) and proceed further for sender side or we have to do any modifications with the xml file?

Regards

Sara

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

SOAP to IDOC scenario is fine, but i have wild thought that why don't you put your XML file in some central location where PI and Both can read.

Lets say, biztalk after processing put the xml file to some location in some server and at the same time PI file sender will read that file (at this point of time file sender will treat as file listner), you have to set the directory path and file name for that location in PI file adapter. Only some concern is that check if your location or machine is accessible from PI or no, and ports should be open.

Once XML is in you PI system it will be simple file to Idoc Scenario.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, directly we have to convert the xml file to wsdl(just changing the extension and saving it as a wsdl file)

No. Wsdl files just provides the structure of the sender interface in XI. It is not required if the source is already sending the data in correct format. Just make sure that the xml data coming out of Biztalk is a valid soap document. If it is, then using the XI URL, the data can be directly posted to SOAP adapter.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

You can ask the following Qs to your Biztalk Team:

1) Are you using a WebService to send data to XI. If yes then ask them to provide the same...then you can directly create MI out of it.....your work saved

2) If not then what will be the fields/nodes/data that you(Biztalk) will be sending and then accordingly create a data structure in XI/PI and ask them to use the same....here you can provide the wsdl generated in XI/PI to the Biztalk team....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a Web based App that needs to exchange data with various SAP system of different Levels R2 R3 etc. What is the best product to use. I read of Net Weaver but my understanding is this only works with Newer Versions of SAP. We have Biz Talk Server installed , my expertise has been on a Unix Platform exchanging I DOCS or (Mainly EDI) this is new to me any suggestions or would someone recommend a better product.

Andre'

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sara

We communicate with Biztalk mostly using SOAP or HTTP so it can be a

SOAP to IDOC.

If you process any files from FTP locations or any file systems then only it can be File to IDOC.

If you are going to do this. It can help

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7521a237-0701-0010-499b-b3285b78...

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Microsoft BizTalk Server is a trusted solution for SOA and Business Process Management.

It can better be a soap to idoc scenario

Thanks,

durga