cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the role of wdmodifyview in webdynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the role of Wdmodify view method in webdynpros?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wdDoModifyView method is a hook method which is called just before rendering the view.

This method can be used to access any UI element of the view for modifications. This access to view UI elements is only possible in this method since it takes a reference to the view itself as a parameter.

This method can also be used for dynamic UI generation.

Note that this method is called for the first time after wdDoInit and on every subsequent page refresh. This demarcation between first time calling of this method is handled through the parameter firstTime.

Regards,

Satyajit.

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Note that this method is called for the first time after

>wdDoInit and on every subsequent page refresh.

... if an action was called before.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition:

Besides dynamic UI generation, this is the only place where you can setup action parameters mapping. Sadly, current NW IDE does not support this via designer views.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Sadly, current NW IDE does not support this via designer views.</i>

Agreed, but "future" NWDS versions finally will provide declarative parameter mapping.

Additionally, I tried to alleviate the pain by introducing constants for the event parameter names used in the mapping statements, e.g. instead of "guessing" the event parameter names, you can at least write

tabStrip.mappingOfOnSelect().addSourceMapping
(
  IWDTabStrip.IWDOnSelect.OLD_TAB,
  "name of action parameter"
);

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

WDDOMODIFYVIEW is the method used to modify the view before rendering of the view. I would compare it do the PBO(Process before output) section of a classical dynpro. I would assume that you would be able to modify the UI dynamically in this method. You can also initialize the input fields.

Regards,

Rich Heilman