cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it advisable to release PR at header level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

Is it advisable to release PR at header level?

If yes, then what can be the drawback.

And can you advise me any setting with which cancellation of PR & PO can be avoidable.

Thanks & Regards,

Anisha Sinha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the material is Directs then it is not an issue to have the release strategy for PR at header level.. just being a regular material for the procurement...

But, in case of Indirects procurement... it is not advisable to have the relase strategy at header level... reason being you need to check the individual items and then only release them...

Coming to your second question, you can have release indiactor "5" with "1" in changeable field... this would not allow you to make any change PR/PO once it is relased. But, it is not really advisable to use this kind of strategy...

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, but for my second query i.e. PR change or release cancel should be restrcited after saving the PR release or after PO creation, i didn't get you what you mean by "you can have release indiactor "5" with "1" in changeable field... ".

Is it to select "1" in changeable field of final release indicator of PR Release strategy?

If yes then I had tried that, even after selecting "1" in release indicator I am able to cancel the release after saving it which should be restricted.

Thanks & Regards,

Anisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MM>Purchasing>Purchase requisition>Release procedure>Procedure with classification>Set up procedure with classification>Release indicator>Select "X"> put "AKTA" in Field selection key>Save

Then proceed...

Do let me know if it cater to your requirement.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case we cant make any change after PR creation.

I want to restrict after PR Release.

Regards,

Anisha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PR is generated at schedule line level because here we have details of item with quantity.

In my opinion its not possible to generate PR at header level.

Regards,

Ravi