cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to change universe database connection from SQL server to Oracle 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are moving from sql server to Oracle 10.Please let me know the steps and various parameters I should consider while changing universe database connection from SQL server to Oracle 10.

Following are the steps which I assumed :

1. create a new Oracle database connection or edit the existing connection to point to Oracle server

2. Need to check sql for each object, having integrity check for universe will solve the purpose of parsing each object

3. Exporting the universe after integrity check

4. Report data testing

Let me know if I miss on any steps.Also what all factors I need to consider while moving to Oracle for eg: what @ custom sql,what @ table names,what @ LOV etc.

Kindly reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pre Tha

Would like to ask if you have succeded in moving yuor universe from MSSQL to Oracle.

We are gonna proceed with the same change and are looking on the details what steps you have to do to be successfull in moving the Univers with all the reports on the top of it

Thanksa a lot in advance

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pre,

Were you able to check the issue ?

-Shreyash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyash,

I hvn't started with those changes yet,but will need to start this in next 2-3 days,will definately update you on that part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After changing the connection, save the universe and perform a Refresh Structure (View - Refresh Structure).

In case if any table or view not present in the new database schema, we will get a warning message.

Thanks

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhijeet and Shreyash,

I will follow the steps you have suggested.

Actually I was searching for this on net and got to know that with Oracle database connection,theres lot of stuff needs to take care of in terms of custom sql and LOV and in our case,we have lot of custom sql for each object in the universe so just wanted to confirm.

I will do the changes and let you guys know in case theres any isuue specifically to Oracle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can change the connection from the universe designer,either edit the connection from SQL server to Oracle, or create a new connection for oracle, and export the universe.

That should serve the purpose. Rest of the parameters need not be changed.

-Shreyash.