cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

formatting inputs fields on the layout... WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have 9 input fields (along with their labels).. and i need that in the below format.

input1 input4 input7

input2 input5 input8

input3 input6 input9.

I am able to creat the first coloumn, but i tried very hard without a success. How can i do it..

I tried with creating group, tray. but i am not able to bring that in above format.

I used matrix layout, and matrixdata, but was able to do just one coloumn, but other coloumns are going crazy....

These 9 fields are belonged to a structure and i binded with on Context node.

Can anyone help me on this to format the layout.

Thanks in advance,

Niraja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

There are many ways by which you can accomplish this. I will give you 1 such possible solution.

You can take 3 TransparentContainer's/Group's. Say suppose am taking 3 TransparentContainers with id's TC1, TC2 & TC3.

Now embed

your input fields 1, 2, & 3 into TC1

your input fields 4, 5, & 6 into TC2

your input fields 7, 8, & 9 into TC3

Go to ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER and set its layout to MatrixLayout

Go to TC1 & set its Layout to MatrixLayout & Layout Data to MatrixHeadData. Now within TC1 you have your 3 input fields 1, 2 & 3. Go to each of them and set their Layout Data to MatrixHeadData.

Now go to TC2 & set its Layout to MatrixLayout & Layout Data to MatrixData. (Coz you need TC2 to appear beside TC1 & not under TC1) Now within TC2 you have your 3 input fields 4, 5 & 6. Go to each of them and set their Layout Data to MatrixHeadData.

Now go to TC3 & set its Layout to MatrixLayout & Layout Data to MatrixData. (Coz you need TC3 to appear beside TC2 & not under TC2) Now within TC3 you have your 3 input fields 7, 8 & 9. Go to each of them and set their Layout Data to MatrixHeadData.

You should get the desired solution for your problem.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raja_narayanan2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi......

Its very simple.....

You no need to use separate container and all....

set your layout as matrix layout and then follow this for your input element. you will get it like this....

matrix header data - MH

matrix data - MD

input1 - MH input2 - MD input3 - MD

input4- MH input5- MD input6 - MD

input7 - MH input8 - MD input9 - MD

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

I created it as u said but they are not in sync.

meaning.. they are looking like this.

input1 - MH input2 - MD input3 - MD

input4- MH input5- MD input6 - MD

input7 - MH input8 - MD input9 - MD

they are not in correctly ordereed..

pls help

Niraja

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

Below is the excerpt taken from the standard SAP training material regarding the different layouts. Go through this to gain the necessary understanding about the various available layouts.

Regards,

Uday

Content removed by moderator for Copywrite infringement

Edited by: Thomas Jung on Nov 4, 2008 11:04 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Uday Gubbala you are not allowed to repost sections of the SAP Training Materials publically without the written permission of the copywrite holder - which in this case is SAP. It is fine to quote from publically available materials like the On Line Help or SCN itself as long as you acknoledge the source. However quoting directly from copywritten materials like the SAP Training Materials or SAP Press materials requires the conscent of the copywrite holders.

I've removed the posting this time, but please don't do this again. SAP and SCN takes intellectual property rights very seriously.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I did that by creating 3 containers.. but the rows are good, but the coloumns are going crazy..

like this:

input1 input2 input3

input4 input5 input6

input7 input8 input9

something like this,

could u pls tell me..

Niraja

raja_narayanan2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.....

Some times i too used to get this same problem,.... so what exactly i will do is.. i will delete all the containers and the recreate from first with proper layout set..... like matrix layout...

then i will get proper alignment both row and column...

hope this will help you i think.... but before deleting it take a copy of yours application... and then delete it and recreate it... so that i will be safe....

Regards

Raja....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best way to achieve this can be the matrix layout...

rearrange the ui elements in the root container as per your need .. ie

MH-Matrix Head data

MD-Matrix data

field1label -MH

field1inputfiled

field4label

field4inputfiled

field7label

field7inputfiled

field2label -MH

field2inputfiled

field5label

field5inputfiled

field8label

field8inputfiled

field3label -MH

field3inputfiled

field6label

field6inputfiled

field9label

field9inputfiled

and rest others as MD...

Hope this can solve your issue..

revert back if issue persists..

Arjun.G

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

Can you send me out an email at the id mentioned in my business card so that I can send you the snapshots from my application. I get the proper output using the method described earlier.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niraja,

set GridLayout to ROOTUIELEMENTCONTIANER and set colcount to 3

then for each elements(9) under that set colspan as 1

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri