cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating fields like Name, Street, City, District in MDM using language key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have to update certain fields in MDM record like Legal Name, Street, Building Floor , City, District by language key. Can somebody explain how to update fields like above using language key.

Thanks

-Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Updating the language fields can be done by getting the region using RegionCommand and update the field by creating MultiRegionValue instead of MDMValue. Set MultiRegionValue with region/language and the value. Then update the record.

Any questions regarding the comment please post your question, so that I can answer it more clearly if required.

Thanks

-Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I resolved it by setting the values with MultiRegionValue with correct region (lang.code), which updated the correct langauge field. Instead of MDMValue while setting the value for the field I used MultiRegionValue object with appropriate region code.

Thanks

-Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

MDM language are defined in layer and these layer are applied to fields declared as multilingual in MDM Console. Applicable languages for your application (=differents columns in language details of records) are declared at the repository details level.

Unfortunately, I don't have competances in Java to know how to ...

Multilingual info can be found in Help documentation :

MDM Console documentation, go in chapter "Multilingual Support"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

How language layer works :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/42/f14e69e5391a7de10000000a422035/content.htm

Best wishes

regards

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

The requirement is that updates are to be done in the fields based on the language key from the local fields. This code is goig to be in java update listener and have to update with the values from the Local Street, Local Street Extension, Local District and Local PO Box fields (which will be entered by User in the local language) into Street, Street Extension , District, POBox. I think I have to do for each region, but still not sure how to do this.

Thanks

-Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is your input and the volume ?

if you have your input in XLS or TXT file, easier way is to use import manager and a column for each language

During mapping, multilingual MDM fields are duplicated (one for each language) and it is easy to map the input colum to the right MDM field.

if your data is not like this you have to pivoting your data to retreive one records with multiple columns for descriptions.

Use remote key (or the defined key) to match records.

Hope helps you, regards

Vincent