cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Action Definition to Actions Dropdown List toolbar in Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a new Action Definition e.g. and defined the conditions necessary. However, I am not sure how to add my new action definition to the Actions dropdown list in the Generic Object Services toolbar within service desk.

The Action dropdown list consists of action "Send Message to SAP", "Email Message Creator", "Update SAP Message", "Create Solution in Solution Database" e.t.c.

I don't want this action to trigger automatically but instead only when the action is selected from the toolbar. My question is how can I add my new action definition to this dropdown list?

Here are the settings for my action definition

Processing Time: Processing when saving document

Checked box for Changeable in Dialog.

Checked box for Executable in Dialog.

Checked box for Display in Toolbox.

Research has led me to tcode SM30 accessing table SGOSATTR and then modifying making a new entry within PPF actions but I am not that familiar with this process and thought there might be a more efficient way to achieve this.

Please help with any guidance and advice that you may have that can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create a schedule condition which is fullfilled for every status you want the new action being available in action drop down list.

Use tx: SPPFCADM to define action profiles and conditions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Thanks for the quick response but my question was not answered. What I am trying to do has nothing to do with defining conditions as these actions can be triggered upon selecting the action from the action dropdown toolbar regardless of what the status of the ticket is.

For example, you can use the action "Email to Message Creator" from the toolbar at anytime. I understand that I would have to schedule conditions based on the user status if I wanted these actions to trigger automatically but thats not what I am looking to accomplish.

Please help if you have any other ideas or suggestions as to how I can add an action to the actions dropdown in the Generic Object Services toolbar which will trigger an action only when I select that action and click save.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what "Generic Object Services toolbar" is ... but in case we are talking about the regular drop-down list when using the "action" button within a Support Desk Message and if you want your action to be available at any time then you just need to leave the schedule condition empty.

Sorry if I did not get you right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

This is what I have done so far. Since action "Email To Message Creator (Mail)" was already listed in the actions dropdown within service desk, I copied the action definition and "copied all" for the dependent entries.

It allowed me to rename the action definition and the new action was now displayed in the toolbar. However, the action definition that I copied is partner-dependent using partner function SLFN0002 (Reported by). When I go in and change the partner function for the action definition to anything other than SLFN0002, my action disappears from the action drop-down list in service desk.

This is where I am stuck as I am not sure of all the dependent entries that was copied from the action "Email to Message Creator" are located and how it can be modified.

This will help solve my issue. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to uncheck "partner dependent" in your action definition instead of entering another partner function?

Within e-mail actions the partner dependency is used to determine the receiver. You do not use this in actions to set status or whatever.

Hope you get this fixed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Unchecking the partner-dependent checkbox will cause the action not to trigger to the processor.

I have been able to solve my issue and this is what I did. I created a new entry under IMG Partner Determination / Use of Own Partner Functions specifying the new partner function that I had created previously under IMG config Define Partner Functions.

After I made the entry, I was able to update the action definition partner-dependent entry from SLFN0002 reported by to my new partner function.

This allowed my action to remain in the action toolbox dropdown within service desk unlike before.

My issue is solved.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also stucked up on this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nikhil