Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want some plants to be given full access and and if i want to restrict a plant to only display access, how can i do it. when i go and click the organization levels tab, and give values, its changing in all the WERKS fields.

Can some one suggest me if i can directly cange the plant values fron field level and not from Organization Levels tab?

Regards,

Sandhya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Normally the plant access is give at the Org Level. It is recommended to give at org level instead of individual auth obj level. For eg : You can maintain co code, plant, sales org etc.... at org level.

So when you give the vaue at the org level, as you mentioned it will be automatically assigned to auth obj level.

If you want to assign full access to plant level you can give * at the org level and for the roles where you need to give only display - 03 access to plants you can create seperate roles for the same.

best,

Suchitra

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about creating a separate role for display access...

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Normally the plant access is give at the Org Level. It is recommended to give at org level instead of individual auth obj level. For eg : You can maintain co code, plant, sales org etc.... at org level.

So when you give the vaue at the org level, as you mentioned it will be automatically assigned to auth obj level.

If you want to assign full access to plant level you can give * at the org level and for the roles where you need to give only display - 03 access to plants you can create seperate roles for the same.

best,

Suchitra

0 Kudos

Give activity 03 and Plant *

then manually add the same object again and give activity 01 or 02 and a limited value for plant will do the job as requested. no need to create seperate roles.

Remember that the widest access is VALID so you can not do to much tricks, be sure to thorougly test this negative!

Edited by: Auke Visser on Nov 4, 2008 8:42 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

What happens if we copy make a copy of the authorisation and restrict some plants to display level. Can you please give me some information regarding this? Also please tell me when we make a copy of authorisations in expert mode and then change values?

Regards,

Sandhya

0 Kudos

The only point you should be worried about when manually copying authorisations:

there is no link to the transaction as in automatic assigned authorisations (from table USOBT_C),

so you will need to be aware that you will have to remove the authorisations manually when the TRX is removed.

standard rule: check with any change in assigned TRX, if the deafult object is gone: delete the manual object

We always make a note of that in the description tab!

Examples of authorisations that will work and are meaningfull:

Actvt 03

Plant *

Actvt 01, 02

Plant : 0001-005

ONLY if the Object also contains a transaction field the example below will work:

Actvt: 03

Plant 001-005

Tcd a-iw30, iw40-z

ACTVT 03

plant *

TCD IW3*

Actvt 01,02

Plant 001

Tcd IW31, IW32

Hope this helps?

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

Thanks for your quick reply. But what is that advantage of adding auth object manually rather than manually copying and changing auth values. It doesn't automatically remove the object we added manually when we remove the tcode from the menu.

So why do we prefer adding the object manually? Can you please give some information and clear my doubt.

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

You are right see below:

But what is that advantage of adding auth object manually rather than manually copying and changing auth values. Ok, there is no difference so do it whatever way you want.

It doesn't automatically remove the object we added manually when we remove the tcode from the menu. Correct, and it will also not delete the objects that are marked CHANGED.

So why do we prefer adding the object manually? We donu2019t, copying is just as good.