cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Email generation for expiring Maintenance Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell if it is possible in SAP to configure - the generation of an Automatic Email to a company's email address (not using Workflow) when any Maintenance Plan is reaching its expiry/finish date? If possible, can someone please explain all the step-by-step configuration.

In our company we DO NOT use Workflow. So, we want something configured in SAP, that should automatically email a User (or a group of User's) beforehand that a particular Maintenance Plan (or Plan's) is reaching its finish date (or expiring).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_saxena7
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to trigger mails without Workflow to the best of my knowledge as one of my friends did it.

Please check the T-Code SOST, you'll get some options for Telefax, E mail etc. there. After this i guess you'll have to use a function module. Try asking your ABAP team about the Function Module.

Thanks,

Amit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You can schedule the maintenace plan automatically using deadline monitoring (TCode: IP30). You run this program in the background either weekly, monthly (depends on your requirement) the maintenance call objects will be created. The call objects creation is based on Scheduling parameters. In this case no need to generate email.

Regards,

senthil m

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish Wankhade,

What do you mean by when any Maintenance Plan is reaching its expiry/finish date? i.e. how do we know when a plan is about to expire...

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

What I meant by expiring Maintenance Plan was that my Scheduling period for that Maintenance plan is coming to an end. Suppose I have scheduled a Plan for 180 days and now suppose its nearing the end date for the scheduled period. I want to setup something in SAP that will send an email reminder to User or team that will remind them that the particular scheduled Plan is approaching its end date.

Is it possible to do this in SAP. If yes, then can you please explain step-by-step configuration if possible.

Thanks.