cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank page launching a Java Webdynpro application using Remote Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are running a Java Webdynpro Application using Remote Role from the Consumer Portal. When launching the application from the Consumer Portal sometimes we are getting a blank page instead of the application.

When we do a httpwatch on the url it is not even hitting the producer portal and browser says it is done and returns a blank page. Everytime we restart the server node on which this occurs it again works.

Can anyone tell us what could be the cause of the blank page to show up. We tried all kinds of cache refreshing on the Consumer and Remote Role but still we are experiencing the issue. Sometimes this occurs on one node in a cluster and now we are seeing this happen on all the server nodes.

If you login directly into the producer the application loads perfectly. This issue occurs only from the consumer portal when launching the application with Remote Role.

Thanks for your time!

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Restart your server and NWDS.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This does'nt happen in development. It is happening in a clustered server environment in Q and Production.....

Regards,

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you find a solution yet. we too face this problem in the federated portal environment.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me the below details about that webdynpro application?

1) How many components that webdynpro DC has?

2)Is there any used components? If yes, how many?

3)Is there any dependency among them?

4) The application which you are calling the data, Is fetching Views from any used components?

I had some similar kind of problem some time back.

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are still working on this issue and are assuming that this is happening if the producer and consumer portal are not on the same patch levels.

The work around we did is created a URL Iview on the producer portal and launched the webdynpro application from the producer portal avoiding the federation and we never get the blank page.

Thanks,

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

If this is working some times and not working some times means, may be the webdynpro application is not deployed correctly in all the clusters.

I think, When the request goes to the cluster (where application is deployed properly), it works and for other clusters (where application is not deployed properly) it doesn't work.

Please check whether the application is deployed correctly or not in all the clusters.

You can check the same in nwa. (http://hostname:portno/nwa)

Regards,

VJR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Seems the problem is not because of different patch levels as our portal and webdynpro systems are exactly same patch levels and have all the latest released patches.

- When we clear the federated portal cache and sync again with producer, page is back to normal.

- We have 4 producers and 3 out of 4 has this problem (all are same patch levels and same applications deployed)

- Only consumer portal has multi nodes and load balanced using SAP Webdispatcher

- Non-production environment where consumer is single node, this problem is not appearing.

My observation is that there is something going wrong with the synchronized operation of the multiple nodes in the consumer portal with the federated content. We have created a message with SAP and going to do a thread dump analysis. Will update you with the results once we find the root cause.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Can you tell me if SAP provided you with feedback or a solution?

Thank-you,

-Kevin