cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Cat. group in Location master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could somebody please let me know how the field "Stock Cat. Group" is used in the location master under the SNP tab.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stock cat.grp: Covers category groups containing categories (such as stock categories

and production categories) that specify which receipt and stock

quantities comprise the Available-to-Deploy- Quantity ( means available to move to other location/plant) .

A category is assigned to each receipt element. These categories can be

consolidated to form category groups.

In IMG ( tcode SPRO) you can see categories for particular category group.

Supply Network Planning (SNP)->Basic Settings->Maintain Category Groups

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Thanks for the reponse.

How are the fields "ATD Receipts" and "ATD Issues" on the SNP tab in location used?

If I don't specify a Stock Cat. Grp, is there a default category that is used.

Do I need to specify all of these three fields to do Deployment(optimizer) from the Central to the Regional DCs?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The stock category group defines the total of all kinds of stocks that can be considered available.

You can find the category groups in SPRO>Advanced Planning and Optimization>Supply Chain Planning>Supply Network Planning (SNP)>Basic Settings>Maintain Category Groups

You can define a key figure in your planning area that has this category group.

In our system we consider the stock in transit and unrestricted stock and stock at sub contractor as available.

You can also consider the

When netting, for DRP runs, the system takes this stock and looks for receipts and requirements.

The ATI is sum of all all orders that need to go out - like demands, stock transfers

ATR is all coming in like production orders you can find them in customizing too in the same place that I mentioned above.

ATR-ATI = ATD is used for deployment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Let me ask you the following question:

We have a quarantine (resticted-use ) stock which:

1. Have to be deployed.

2. Must not be seen as a Stock On Hand (in /sapapo/sdp94).

Its category is CK.

What's gonna happen if we put category CK to category group X assigned to the ATD Receipt Cat. Grp in the location product master and exclude it from the category group Y assigned to the Stock Cat. Grp? Will that help us to achieve the requirement above?

Regards,

Alper

Edited by: Alper Myumyun on Nov 5, 2008 10:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to deploy the stock with category CK, you can include it as part of ATD receipt but deleting it from does not help you but it actually is wrong.

What is the category that you are using for the key figure "Stock On Hand"?? Exclude it in that KF category group.

Example:

I defined ATD receipt as ACADAIAJBEBFCACCCK+ EE

I defined ATD issue as BIBMEDEGEHEJEKEQFA - CK

Now, ATD = ATR-ATI

Lets say CK = 10 and the rest of the categories are 90 then ATD =100

If lets say sum of all other categories is some 50 and CK =10, so ATR is 40

My ATD is now 100-40 = 60

In reality if you donot consider CK, you should be only deploying 90-50 = 40. If you add the CK to receipts, you can deploy 50 but deleting it from ATI adds another 10. This is not what you want!!