cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT7 CO posting reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Time sheet entered in CAT2; these are approved and those hours are transferred to Controlling via CAT7. We would like to cancel (reverse) the Postings done to Controlling without reversing the times sheets (the number of timesheets are around 20000, so we do not want to reverse the time sheets). Is there away to do reversal of CO postings alone.

I appreciate your inputs on this. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

There are 2 ways of reversal of Controlling Documents of this type:-

1. KB24n - Reversal of Controlling documents which are passed from Time Sheet CAT7. This type is independent of Time sheet. There would no record of it in Time Sheet Module.

2. CAT7 - You can also reverse the Controlling Documents by Selecting Personnel Number and dates, if it finds the time records that has already been posted to Controlling, it would generate a reversal posting. SAP recomends this type of reversal if you want to change the time sheet as the price of activity type has changed and you want to generate controlling posting at a different rate.

SAP recomends CAT7 itself to be used to reserve the earlier posting.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I'm facing the same problem - I've checked transaction CAT7 to do the "reversal" but there's no option of reverse / cancel in the menu itself. Can you tell me where to do the reversal of several CAT7 documents?

Kind regards,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

There is no reversal option in CAT7 menu as such. But when you provide the selection of employee number, date etc. in CAT7 which matches with an existing record which has already been transferred to Controlling, SAP reverses the posting to Controlling.

Then you can make the neccessary change and execute CAT7 again with the same selection criteria, it would now post to Controlling.

Regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I tried to reverse using T.code CAT7 with the same parameters it was posted to controlling. It gives me the message "no data for transfer". I tried it in test mode as well as in production.

Thanks,

Ankish

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAT7 does not reverse the CO document unless you change the time sheets. I had a similar situation where  i needed to reverse the CO documents posted as time transfer from CAT2. You have to change the number of hours to Zero in time sheet.Once that it done, you have to follow the regular procedure, i mean release the time sheet, approve time sheet and then transfer to CO through Tcode CATA. Once that is done ,a CO document will get posted which will post a negative entry of the original time sheet.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

this solved our issue ..

thanks