cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone allowing managers to approve shopping carts from their Blackberry

0 Kudos

Hello,

When our shopping carts require financial approval the appropriate manager receives an Outlook email with a link to the SRM approval tab. The manager clicks the link, single signon takes them straight to the cart to be approved. This works fine when they are at their desks but not if they are using their Blackberry to check their email.

I would like them to be able to approve right from their Blackberry instead of having to go back to their laptop or PC to find the email again.

Is anyone out there doing that? Any advice or suggestions or information on it would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Corinne Taylor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at this link

Additionally check this note

Note 1166763 - BlackBerry approval of SRM shopping carts

Regards, IA

Edited by: Imthiaz Ahmed on Nov 4, 2008 11:48 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see here that 3i also have a solution for this

http://www.3i-consulting.com/mw/bat.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

there is a difference. If your manager got the email, he can log on to the system using the link, but he can approve directly. in cas of Blackberry device it does not make any sense to force the Log on, the manager should just click on approve or Reject, then a reply email is generated (decision mail).

This is a normal email sent from blackberry, and usually it works fine. There is 2 notes for it (search for "blackberry" and you will find it), because the signature could cause some troubles.

There are a lot of customers who are using this way, this is secure, and in the decision mail the decision (approved or rejected) and the workitem Id is encrypted - so it is secure.

You have to make a setting at the sending of approval email:

"with approval links"

Hope this helps...

Daniel

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Blackberry should support HTML mail. You can use standard offline approval function.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/31/ec423b4ac8d506e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Masa

0 Kudos

Thank you for the helpful technical answers but I am looking for a business oriented answer.

Some of our managers have expressed annoyance at having to do electronic approval and we are looking for ways to increase their acceptance and stop the complaining. My thinking is that if they use their Blackberry it might make it more convenient for them. However, what would I be getting ourselves into?

Is Blackberry approval hard to do? Is it worth the sustainment cost? Is is a security risk?

Thank you,

Corinne Taylor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

BlackBerry approval is not really hard to do. It took me a couple of weeks to create an application to allow managers to approve/reject employee leave requests (SAP HCM).

I've used the development tools provided by RIM (MDS studio). You don't need any additional middleware. The solution runs on the BlackBerry architecture. The BlackBerry solution is secure and reliable (encryption, security policies etc...) so there's no security issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre

I'm currently looking at doing a "proof of concept" for shopping cart approval via Blackberry

You seem to have already completed what I'm looking to achieve

Are you able to share your MDS source code?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont want touch your new thread . let us wait for wf experts.

Note 1318725 - Ad-hoc approvers cannot be changed

1250472 500 500 SRM_SERVER 26.07.2010 08:57:12

Are you in SRM 550 sp15 or if you are in SRM 550 what is your SP service packlevel?

SRM 500 - do you have the updated correction code which mentioned in the note correction,

You add ad-hoc approvers. You then save the document and the approvers you added are written to the database by the system. If you subsequently change an ad-hoc approver, the system does not transfer this change. This problem only affects workflows for which the system does not use the BAdI BBPWFL_APPROV_BADI to carry out the approver determination_.

Muthu