Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter - not initialized after error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing maintenance on the DB2 server we get the following error:

com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'XXXXXXXXXXXX': com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SQLException: IO Exception opening socket to server XXXXX on port XXXXX. The DB2 Server may be down.

This is expected. But, after this error occurs the JDBC receiver adapter becomes unknown or not registered. Even after the DB2 server is brought back up when we process a mesasge through the adapter we get the following error:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: JDBC Adapter configuration not initialized: null

Doing a cache refresh resolves the issue, but is this expected? Should a DB2 connection issue cause the JDBC adapter to no longer be registered?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Duke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duke,

Doing a cache refresh resolves the issue, but is this expected? Should a DB2 connection issue cause the JDBC adapter to no longer be registered?

-->yes, adapter framework is designed like that.

based on your cache refresh settings Adapter engine will update the details and register the service again. i think the cache refresh settings were not defined properly for your server that is the reason it gave you that error and manually refresh is required.

Regards,

Sukarna.Chirumamilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukarna Chirumamilla,

Could you please tell me what cache refresh settings you are referring to?

I went through the How to Handle Cache guide and everything is working as expected.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Duke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duke,

i am sorry, i checked it, we can't set the Cache to refresh automatically for this type of issues. we shd do a manual refresh.

Regards,

Sukarna.