cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Purchase reqs. in Heursitic run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the factors that lead to creation of multiple purchase requisitions at the destination location in a Heuristic run?

I have a product with external procurement between and transportation lane is between vendor and DC.

The product at destination has:

Min. lot size: 3000 PC

Max lot size: 00

Rounding value: 3000 PC

Safety day's supply: 2.5

There are no values set these fields at vendor.

The transportation lane starting from vendor to DC has a min. lot size of 1000 and a max of 99999 with transportation duration of 23 hrs.

When I run heuristic run between a vendor and a DC, the system created 3 Purchase requisitions with qtys., 3000, 6000 and 6000 the same day and the creation time is same as per live cache.

I am trying to understand what made the system create 3 orders instead of one order with 15,000 PC?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Your lot sizing procedure determines how the orders are created for the demand.

so in your example you might have 3 demands of 3000, 6000 and 6000 on same day at diiferent times and your lot sizing procedure in material master-->Lot size->procedure tab is lot for lot.

If you want single lot size of 15000 to be created on same day , change you procedure to By period ,period type as Day and number of periods as 1.

Regard,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply. You are right. My lot size is lot-for-lot and may you are right it should be by period type for on single Purchase req.

Few last questions:

How did the system decide one Purchase req. with lot size (3000) and the other two with 6000 when it is lot-for-lot??

As the lot size is 3000, shouldn't it be creating 5 orders with 3000 each??

6000 is multiple of 3000 and so is 15000. How does the system decide on 6000??

If I have to change the lot size procedure, what factors do I need to consider?? I don't want to break anything else by changing this in production.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The order quantity creation in heurstic is function of following 3 things.

1. lot sizing procedure (lot for lot ,period)

2. Min lot size

3. rounding profile.

So coming back to your set up , if there is a demand of 2000 , your planning will still generate PR of 3000 as it is your min lot size.

if your demand is greater than 3000 then the demand will be broken in minimum lot size + multiples of rounding lot size for the remainder.For example if demand is 5000 then planning will generate the PR of 6000 ( internal calc 3000 (min lot ) + 3000 (for remaining 2000 with rounding value of 3000).

So bottom line is your PR quantity generation is function of min lot + rounding value.

-

Changing lot sizing procedure is not your decision as lot sizes are calculated based on various factors like set up cost ,economic batch size and production capacity.So you will have to rope in PP (R/3 + Business Analyst) guy to analyze impact of chaning lot sizing procedure in the current set up as it is master data from R/3 and CIFed to APO.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (0)