cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice in working with Adobe forms in multiple languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to provide access to some Adobe Interactive Forms in both English and French, some of them from Web Dynpro application(s), some of them as callable objects from Guided Procedures.

1- We know for sure that we can have two copies of each form, one in English and one in French but that implies duplicating the FormCalc and Javascript code behind.

2- Another way if to modify in javascript all labels, captions using some javascript i.e. If lang = "E" then "My label" else "Mon étiquette" . It would work but it is not very efficient.

Is someone here has experience with this type of situation and would be willing to share his experience with me?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

I have tried both ways, and both of them work. That said, both ways are not very efficient.

We ended up using the second way because of the following reason:

Our form was embedded into a Web DynPro application, and we allow users to toggle their language at any page. If we had used the first way (2 forms), the language of the form does not change until a new browser session is opened. I think this is a limitation of DynPro. Just because of this issue, we used the second say (one form, and used JavaScript to modify all labels).

Hope this helps,

Harman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use SE63->other long texts->PDF to translate the form text - the data should be automatically converted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

For Adobe Forms in multiple language you can use include text solution also . Within this solution you need to add a language parameter in your interface and then retrieve the include text in the language value ( not current language ) . Personnaly i used a lot this solution with Smartforms text .

Also i used dictionnary text for text linked with data dictionnary element . For this there is standard function module in SAP .

Anothers way is in the SFP editor you can translate your form as in SAPSCRIPT .

Hope this help you

Regard.

PS : if necessary i can send you a sample form with smartform/Dictionnary text solution.

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you can bind most things like captiosn and so on to elements of the context so that you can use a third way. Reading at runtime captiosn and son in the requested language...

br

norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Norbert, you can bind the your Caption with data view field and determine the values according to the system lang of user in backend itself.

Using JavaScript can slow down the processing of Adobe forms.

Regards,

Amit