SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics in the material master (SAP Retail)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Iu2019m using SAP Retail and I need to maintain characteristics in the material master. These characteristics are used to maintain additional information like u201Caccessoriesu201D and u201Cguaranteeu201D (Iu2019m not working with generic articles and variants).

Each characteristic need to be maintained in different languages:

Example: Guarantee u2013 In Portuguese the value should be u201C2 anosu201D and in English the value should be u201C2 yearsu201D.

There are no predefined values for these characteristics. We use additional values and the user can maintain a free text, but it should be different in Portuguese and in English.

One solution I can use is to create each Characteristic in English and in Portuguese, and then maintain different values for each one. Iu2019m trying to find a better solution because I have numerous Characteristics.

Does anyone know another way to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

SN

3 REPLIES 3

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

this requirement sounds a little bit strange.

Question 1: This field 'Guarantee' is valid for all articles or for some articles only ( e.g merchandise categroy electronics)

Question 2: How do you name the Characteristic? is it Years or Ano or guarantee?

Question 3: using additional vlaues will kick out the value check. So it is like a free text entry. Of course this makes no sense, because you can also add 'g hello' als a valid value.

Why you choose this way ?

Question 4: What is the issue using fixed values? I guess the guarantee values are limited at all.

Question 5: Why you don't use a MARA append field and hide it on unwished mechandise categories. Thats easier to handle and a value check can be implemented. So you are able to create a field with a unit in different languages

e.g. Guarantee Years

if you logon in english.

regards

Björn

PS: Did you tried the new characteristic strorage?

former_member198994
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

Why donu2019t you try mapping this warranty and accessories as individual articles? You can sell warranties as separate article along with Product.

1. For an article u20182 year warrantyu2019, you can maintain multiple descriptions specific to languages, which will change according to logon language.

2. Another advantage of mapping warranty as article could be, it will enable to track the warranties.

Is there any specific reason, why you are trying to map Warranty as characteristics of an article? If I am wrong, please help me understand.

Best regards,

Raja Muthusamy

0 Kudos

HI SN,

Did the issue is resolved? Can I have the feedback from you?

Regards,

Raja Muthusamy