cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating between iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I want to create two iView within a nested iView and if the user clicks on a Link on the first view it should take it through to the second view. How to do this?

I have tried the process of giving the URL of the second view but it doesn't work properly. (Could anyone explain me the exact step by step process of creating a Hyperlink. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

GY.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You mean you want to navigate to the 2nd Iview using a Hyperlink action Right ?

Or you want to navigate to 2nd iview after clicking on any button or some thing in the first iview ?

please clarify the above things first

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I want to navigate to the second iView using a Hyperlink.

I also, want to know the process of navigation by pressing on a Button. Please, give me step by step procedure for this. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

GY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunatl;y the navigation b/w the iviews not possible in VC this can be done by G.P.

Still you way alternative for this using Popup creation for the second iview .

See the below blog for its creation

if still you have problems plz let me know

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have looked in to the Blog that you have mentioned. While I was working out with the example given in the Blog, I got stuck at "Step 10" in Blog. The problem is:-

1) "When I drag a link from the output port of my "MainView form" I got a context menu and it doesn't have anything named "Open Pop-Up" in the context menu".

2) "In the Compose tab of my Visual Composer, I am not having the option of a "HTML iView".

Are these something related to the version of my Visual Composer? At the moment we have got Visual Composer 7.0 SP14 installed. Please help me in resolving these issues. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

GY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.its not possible to creat a Popup form the iview UI Element itself you have to drilldown to the iview then drag a line form theInput form then in the menu you can see the opoup option or you can drga the Popup operator form the Compose panel.

2.Check your Compiler ?

Tools->options->compiler

if it is webdynpro change the conpiler to Flex since Webdynpro runtime not supporting HTML View.

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have changed my compiler and able to get on with the Blog. After building the application and trying to deploy it, I am getting an error message stating "Flash Compiler: response XML structure malformed". I am able to compile the application, but not able to deploy! Could you advise me about this error message. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

GY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the belwo wiki ,it will Explain you teh reson for your Probelm.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/connectivity

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

I have looked at the Wiki that you have sent me and got the following answer for my issue!!

"Check the user permissions and the user mapping. It might be that the user with which you launch the application does either not have the permission or is mapped to a backend user with insufficient authorizations"

1) What does it mean by insufficient authorizations? Because, I am the portal administrator and I have got all the administrator roles assigned on portal and also backend system!!

2) If I am not mapped properly to the backend system, them how am I able to access the BAPI's from the Backend and use them in Visual Composer??

Please advise me about these questions? I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

GY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the abive reason may be one of the cause for your probelm.

checkwhether your portal is Up or not.

some times this type Errors you will get if the Portal server is down

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

I have checked our portal and it is up and running. We dont have any issues with that. I dont really understand the reason now. Could you suggest me some solution for this. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

GY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone give me proper advise about this issue. I am not able to resolve this issue. Please help me. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still are you getting the Same Error i.e Not able to deploy with Error : " Flash compiler : XML Strucuter is malformed "

Otherwise could you plesae send me GML file of your model so that ican check in my system to invistigate the Problem.

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am still getting the same error message. Where can I get the GML file from. Because I am bit new to Visual Composer. I would appreciate your help.

Regards.

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PG, I think I have had that malformed error before and ending up removing the last component I added and it worked again. Otherwise you may have edited the GML source code yourself causing it to error?

If you are planning on putting a HTML iview in your popup iview you will have to look for an alternative option as this is not possible in SAP VC 7.0

It may be possible in future release but I am not sure about this.

If you wish to send the .GML file to someone you select Model > Export to file.

I do this when working on models as I have found bugs with Visual Composer 7.0 and its nice to have a backup to use.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos