cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed a webdynpro application which creates a credit note in R/3. I have set the JCO destinations with my user id. Now the problem is anyone who logs in from portal and creates the document, it is getting created in R/3 under my user id only. What should i do if i want the document to be created under the respective (SAP R/3)user id, assuming each user has his own R/3 user id.

step by step approach will be really helpful

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: Aditya Atluri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

If you are using single sign-on you can set Ticket in JCO destinations rather putting your username and password there.

It should solve your problem.

Regards,

Raju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

The following comes from SAP help (in this instance for ESS setup, but it is applicable for you also). Step b. is the one you should look at ...

a. Configure the JCo connection for the metadata:

i. In the Connection Type step, choose the Dictionary Meta Data option.

ii. Choose Security.

iii. In the Used Method field, enter the User/Password.

iv. Enter a user in the SAP ECC system that you have created for the authorization check of the JCo connection.

v. Enter the password for the user.

vi. Check the connection.

If the user only has the authorizations from the S_DDIC_MDI profile, the system issues the following error message when you check the connection:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception:(104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: No RFC authorization for function group SSCV for user <your metadata user>.

This message does not mean that the specified user does not have the required authorizations for the metadata. It means that the user’s authorizations are not sufficient to test the connection.

b. Configure the JCo connection for the application data:

i. In the Connection Type step, choose the Application Data option.

ii. Choose Security.

iii. In the Used Method field, enter Ticket.

iv. Check the connection.

The system uses the administration user for the J2EE server with which you are logged on to check the authorizations. If this user does not exist in the SAP ECC system, the system issues the following error message when you check the connection: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Unable to check the issuer of the SSO ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Thanks. Will work on these and let you know. But one more doubt can i do user mapping? If yes, how? My scenario is for outside users i will only have to use a generic id and for inside users i need to create the documents using their respective IDs.

Please extend your help.