cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA : To implement or not to Implement for Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have CUA implemented for our non production systems. The Basis team wants to implement CUA for our 5 production environments (R3, BW, CRM, SEM and APO). What are the pros and cons of implementing CUA in production? An opinion of someone who has CUA implemented at their company would be most helpful.

Thanks.

Sashank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sashank!

We had a central user administration for a small 3-system landscape (from the beginning on).

Advantage: the central handling. Inconsistencies between the systems won't be a topic.

Disadvantage: Without experience it's possible to create quite a mess (once the user for distribution lost the authority to change profiles: nearly killed our system in this situation).

Also having different users and authorities in different systems is nothing which will be easier with a central maintenance - on the other hand it's not more difficult either.

Since your basis team has already experience with this tool, you can give it a go. We had no technical issues, only handling and organizational problems occured. Even workload was for a test system once a topic.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Christian for your reply.

Any other specific problems that you encountered using CUA for production would be very helpful for us in making the decision.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sashank,

Make sure that you and the Basis team have worked out a maintenance procedure that will enable CUA to work when systems are refreshed or copied.

The lack of planning in this area can cause the Security team and Basis additional work that can be avoided with the proper planning. I agree, using CUA for production environments isn't risky if the proper maintenance strategy is adapted. Keep in mind that maintenance should cover changes, patches, and plug-ins.

Regards,

Robert G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are thinking of implementing CUA for our SAP Enterprise (4.7) environments but are not sure where to start.

Can someone please provide me the implementation documentation/guide or direct me to where I can download them?

Thanks

William

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert