cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Internal Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is new to me. I am trying to create internal catalogs using SRM-MDM catalog. Any steps or links that would help get started is appreciated.

SRM-MDM is not installed in the first place. After its installed, what are the interfaces and config settings that are needed ?

Thanks

Raj Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh, The links were certainly useful. But since I am starting from scratch, I am kind of looking for architectural process of how SRM can be linked with MDM and exchange Catalogs and how MDM stores data in Oracle and how to create catalogs in mdm. Please advise.

Thanks

Raj Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are starting from the scratch then you have to configure some settings in SRM System as per the guides. SRM and MDM System will be linked via PI (XI).

There is a statndard content avialable for the XI for MDM Catalog that you have to import in XI and only you have to configure the scenario in XI (Like create communication Channel, interface determination etc....).

To store the data in oracle database, you have to install the MDM and will have to define the database setting for oracle in MDM Console.

After all these, you can configure the MDMGX (MDM Generic Extractor) in SRM to extraxt the all the check table values (Lookup values) into MDM via transaction "MDMGX" and for the main table records you can use the Standard Transaction in SRM for MDM Catalog (Refer the Business Scenario and Configuration Scenario Guides).

You have to deploy two sca file on any WAS which avialable in the biseness content of SRM-MDM Catalog on SMP.

After this you can configure the External Webservice in SRM to access the MDM catalog from EBP.

Better to refer the Configuration Scenario Guide to do so and also refer the links which i have mentioned in my earlier post.

you can also refer the MDM Forum by the following link and search for any issue related to this scenario.

Also refer this thread:

I hope this will help you to understand the scenario.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Dec 11, 2008 7:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Earlier the catalog data was stoed in CCM but now SAP MDM is used to do that.The catalog data coming from ECC and SRM is imported in to MDM via PI.MDM has its own repository(tables and fields )to store the data.MDM import manager is used to import the data coming from ECC and SRM via PI.ONce the data is in MDM u can edit,enrich (Validate,Add images etc)it in MDM data manager.From MDM data manager the data is picked from WAS and displayed on catalog.For this two sca files that come along with SRM MDM catalog are to b deployed on WAS .Necessary EBP configuration done on SRM side to view the catalog.

Now MDM is connected to oracle wen u first install the MDM server.The MDM data is stored in Oracle.

you can refer the configuration guide on service.sap.com

Regards

Nisha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implementation was postponed indefinetely.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is SRM270 SRM-MDM Catalog class room training in SAP Education.

If you do not know about MDM Basics, it takes time to build a catalog.

Regards,

Masa