0 Kudos

Hi Gurus:

How to see say master data XYZ is being used in ODS, IC...ETC

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction RSD1 -- > Select the Info Object..

There is a Where used Icon there ..which looks like a box and 3 arrows on right..

Ashish..

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is based on previous questions, I think MK is looking to see where values of chars are used, like Customer C1 is present as data in cube1, 2 and 3...is this correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bhanu...that's what I was referring to...Thanks

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi MK K,

to check the characteristic value is used by which infoproviders, you may try

rsa1->infoobject->choose the characteristic->'master data maintenance', select the row for that characteristic value, and button 'delete' (trash icon) and 'save', you will get a message 'master data cannot be deleted'.

transaction slg1, object RSDMD, subobject MD_DEL, and execute, in next screen double click the top node, you will see the log, message text in below panel, e.g 'master data xyz(SID xxxxx) is used in /.../...'

xyz = characteristic value

/.../... = table name, can be dimension table of infocube, e.g /bic/d[infocubename]x, then you know which data target used the value.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear A.H.P : Many thanks for your help. I have assigned the points.

Thanks everyone.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P : I tried deleting a record from master data charcteristic. When I tried to save, its flashing the message

Would you like to delete the SID / or without SID...

<b>What option should I choose...Pls suggest.</b>Right now I'm trying this in Dev & I choose delete with SID's ...its clocking for a minute..

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It did not delete after 5-7 mins run & then I went to slg1--rsdmd-md_del & I saw that it is being used in a dimension...

Thanks & Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MK

One way of finding this is select any of the info Object right clickchoose change in the next screen you will see one button for where used list which is next to Transport Truck button. Click on that and will tell you where it is used.

Thnaks

Sat